Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
Random lines (spike) appear while adding ARCS in ARCEDIT or ADS.
Most likely a hardware and software conflict.
This phenomena usually occurs while digitizing in stream mode, but it has been known to be in point mode also. However, the following procedures should be tried to see if the spiking problem disappears. You should try digitizing after each procedure is implemented:
1. Do not digitize in stream mode.
2. Remove the stream mode configuration parameters in the digform file. The last five lines of the digform should contain '-1' (negative ones).
3. Lower the baud rate on the digitizer (via dip switches or software settings), as well as the baud rate in the CON-DIG utility. Both baud rates should be the same. Keep lowering the baud rate by increments of a half (9600, 4800, 2400, 1200, 600, 300, 150).
4. Remove any of following device drivers in the AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files: Transient Stay Resident (TSRs), network, and disk cashing programs.
5. Try using another serial card.
PC ARC/INFO Version 3.5 uses device drives for handling data output from the digitizer and this should help to correct the spiking problem.