How To: Configure the GTCO Roll-Up II digitizer
Steps to set up the GTCO Roll-Up II Digitizer for PC Arc/Info and DAK.
The GTCO Roll-Up II digitizer gets its power from the serial port, so all pins must be available.
It comes with an embedded, permanent menu in the lower-left hand corner of the digitizer which looks like this:
S 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 P
It has dip switches for soft settings under the small removable template.
The manual lists different applications setups already encoded for use with this menu. The one for PC ARC/INFO is #12 and is correct except for one entry (see below on how to change this). To load these settings, use the Superset Configuration Menu on the permanent menu pad:
1. Click 'S'
2. Click '1'
3. Click '2' - you should hear 4 beeps.
4. On the permanent pad Click on 'P'. Use the small removable template, which came with the digitizer. This will change the Line Feed to Exclude.
Then, keeping template grid near the permanent pad in the lower-left hand corner of the digitizer:
5. Click 'Point 1' - you should hear continuous beeping.
6. Click 'Point 2' - beeping will stop.
7. Click 'Exclude' under 'Line feed' - a beep may be heard.
8. Click on the 'P' on the permanent pad to save the changes. This controls the extra Line Feed after each input, turning it off.
Now you may test the GTCO first using Kermit and then using Digtest(W).