Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
Is it possible to label an image service with an attribute in a footprint?
No, it is not possible to label an image service with the attribute from a footprint because there is no such capability provided in ArcGIS. However, there are other alternatives that may work.
Publish the map as a map service
1. Add the mosaic dataset to ArcMap.
2. Label the footprints.
3. Publish the map as a map service. Users can cache to the service to improve performance.
Publish another service to be used alongside the image service
1. Create a polygon layer with the same extent as the image service.
2. Label the features in the polygon layer.
3. Publish the feature layer to be used alongside the image service. The feature layer is created as a separate service to the image service.
Publish the feature containing the labels to a feature service
1. Label the features.
2. Publish the map as a feature service.
3. Cache the feature service.