Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.8.1 Patch 7 (Desktop | Server)
This is a general cumulative maintenance patch for the Mapping and Charting Solutions including; ArcGIS Aviation Airports (Desktop), ArcGIS Aviation Charting (Desktop), ArcGIS Bathymetry (Desktop), ArcGIS Defense Mapping (Desktop, Server), ArcGIS Maritime (Desktop, Server), and ArcGIS Production Mapping (Desktop, Server). Please download and install this patch at your earliest convenience.Description
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS Aviation Airports
- ArcGIS Aviation Charting
- ArcGIS Bathymetry
- ArcGIS Defense Mapping
- ArcGIS Maritime
- ArcGIS Production Mapping
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting Solutions file.
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
ArcGIS Maritime Server extension, additional installation instructions:
Note: There are no updates in this patch that require PoD to be redeployed. For Maritime Chart Service, if you already deployed 10.8.1 Patch 4, then this patch only updates the MaritimeServer.soe along with the crs.xml and S52DisplayProperties.xml.
Maritime Chart Service
- Login as a Server Manager by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Stop the map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Move the controlfiles folder from
\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\controlfiles to a backup location.
- Copy the new controlfiles folder from
\MaritimeServer\Server \maritimechartservice to \arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice.
- If modifications were made to the old control files, they will need to be made to the new control files. The backup control files can be used to consolidate modifications with the new control files. For example Coordinate systems and AutoCellUpdate settings.
- If the map service was configured to read S-63 encrypted datasets, copy the S-63 user-permit.txt file from the backup controlfiles folder to the new controlfiles folder.
- Delete the .senc files from
\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\sencs. The .senc files must be rebuilt after upgrading. Deleting that will significantly increase creation performance.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 for each map service with the Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Server Manager https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 22 - 28 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
ArcGIS Aviation Airports
- No new updates.
- Git1447: Update NGA Data loader to include additional information in the Change file for country limits.
- BUG-000139811: Reporting Points Tool should not show Waypoints which have been set to NotVisible in Reporting Points Table regardless of AbbrIt field value.
- Git1422: ExportAixm51 Notes on ObstaclePoint, OblstacleLine, ObstaclePolygon are not exporting.
- Git1424: Remove xsi:nil from 51ExportTemplate.xml.
- BUG-000141174: The FAA_VFR.style includes marker symbols that refer to a font that is not available.
- No new updates.
- Git1796: Update MTM map template layout and legend to match MTM DPS version 1.2. Desktop
- 2017: Add MGCP metadata styles to the ArcGIS Metadata config directory.
- Git1499: S-57 Exporter should message SOE geometry changes in updates.
- Git1538: Update S-58 validation checks to recognize ARCC records for AML datasets. Server
- BUG-000140408: A map service URL using the Maritime Chart Service extension may not draw completely in ArcGIS Pro if the data frame is projected in NAD83 UTM instead of WGS84.
- GIT1197: Updated MapServer error responses.
- GIT1424: Enhanced dataset draw priority based on Issue Date for datasets with the same agency code.
- GIT1560: Added view group 26230 for IENC features CBLARE and PIPARE.
- GIT1540: Fixed loading error for AML datasets with ARCC records.
- GIT1555: Updated S52DisplayProperties.xml view group of 25060 to include RDOCAL.
- GIT1396: Data Reviewer: Select and Zoom To Geometry option may return unhandled exception error.
ArcGIS Aviation Charting
ArcGIS Defense Mapping
Desktop and Server
ArcGIS Production Mapping
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.