Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.8.1 Patch 2 (Desktop | Server)
This is a general cumulative maintenance patch for the Mapping and Charting Solutions including; ArcGIS Aviation Airports (Desktop), ArcGIS Aviation Charting (Desktop), ArcGIS Bathymetry (Desktop), ArcGIS Defense Mapping (Desktop, Server), ArcGIS Maritime (Desktop, Server), and ArcGIS Production Mapping (Desktop, Server). Please download and install this patch at your earliest convenience.Description
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS Aviation Airports
- ArcGIS Aviation Charting
- ArcGIS Bathymetry
- ArcGIS Defense Mapping
- ArcGIS Maritime
- ArcGIS Production Mapping
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting Solutions file.
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, additional installation instructions:
Note: There are no updates in this patch that require PoD to be redeployed.
Maritime Chart Service
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Server Manager https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 13 - 19 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
ArcGIS Aviation Airports
- BUG-000133528: An Invalid Query warning may be given when verifying the SQL Query: RunwayEnd - Non-critical check in the FAA18B Airfield.rbj.
- Git1095: Advanced Callout Script Builder background incorrectly defaults to 100% black.
- Git1098: ManageAirspace - Move DST_Code, GMTOffset_Val, and LCLOffset_Val parameters to Airspace Description in UI.
- Git1097: ManageAirspace - update times of use behavior for SUAs.
- Git1102: ManageAirspace - Improve flash feature symbology.
- Git1101: ManageAirspace - fix button order in Add Airport section of UI.
- Git1100: ManageAirspace - Fix tab order in UI.
- Git1099: ManageAirspace - Add Controlling Agency field to UI for SATA airspaces.
- Git1105: ManageAirspace - TimesOfUse_Txt is not getting populated for Class airspace.
- Git1104: ManageAirspace - Disable airport info pane for SUAs.
- Git1134: ManageAirspace - Attribute view refresh and Summary for circle features.
- No new updates.
- Git1600: Update Defense Mapping product files for TDS_7_1.
- Git1601: Update Defense Mapping tools for TDS_7_1.
- TFS126713: GP tool interfaces too slow from repeated Product Library queries. Changing GP tools to sort products by alias.
- BUG-000134490: Masking feature edges along M_CSCL where identical features appear on both sides.
- Git808: ENC schema missing topology rule for crossing DEPCNT features.
- Git860: Adding error message to VPF exporter when exporting TOD and data crosses tiling schemes.
- Git863: Modifying Product Refresher to verify features in PLTS_SpatialAttributesL for chart creation.
- BUG-000134773: Fixing export wizard to honor chosen data frame to use as spatial reference when exporting a Layout GeoTIFF.
- Git867: Fixing S-57 Exporter GP tool to handle PL alias path different than name.
- BUG-000134223: ENC Editing layer file missing Cultural Features Landmark points and Tides and Variations (all geometries) layers.
- BUG-000134222: INT1 layer file missing UserDefined features, all geometries.
- TFS126804: Maritime Chart Service SOE requires unicode wide characters for Chinese characters in MapServer service description.
- BUG-000134544: Addressed potential directory traversal issue with notes operation.
- BUG-000134384: RD_New had incorrect transformation with TOWGS values in crs.xml.
- BUG-000133177: Data frame is resized in the Production PDF (PPDF) when the TIF is visible in map.
ArcGIS Aviation Charting
ArcGIS Defense Mapping
Desktop and Server
ArcGIS Production Mapping
Desktop and Server
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.