Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.8 Patch 1 (Desktop | Server)
This is a general cumulative maintenance patch for the Mapping and Charting Solutions including; ArcGIS for Aviation (Desktop), ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry (Desktop), ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting (Desktop), ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, Esri Defense Mapping for (Desktop, Server), and Esri Production Mapping for (Desktop, Server). Please download and install this patch at your earliest convenience.Description
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS for Aviation
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Esri Defense Mapping
- Esri Production Mapping
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting Solutions file.
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, additional installation instructions:
Note: There are no updates in this patch that require PoD to be redeployed.
Maritime Chart Service
- Login as a Server Manager by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Stop the map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Copy the new WWM.COF file from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\maritimechartservice to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\controlfiles.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each map service with the Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\Bin.
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Server Manager https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 18 - 25 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
ArcGIS for Aviation
- ENH-000111998: Enhance AIXM 5.1 Import and Export data mapping documentation to provide more details and guidance to users.
- BUG-000126617: ExportAixm51 needs configuration changes to support AirspaceActivation.
- BUG-000126650: ExportAixm51 should export ADHP.Elev_Val.
- Git735: Conical Surface is not correctly generate for Annex 14.
- BUG-000128182: ExportAixm51 is writing 'OTHER:' values instead of AIXM 5.1 spec values in output.
- No additional updates.
- No additional updates.
- TFS124212: Unable to customize colour scheme parameter with national values.
- TFS122962: Update World Magnetic Model (WMM) to include the 2020-2025 model for compass rose features in PoD.
- TFS1045: TLM Meter Reference Guide text underline does not change color. Desktop and Server
- BUG-000126218: Import MGCP Metadata GP tool uses incorrect format for Subregion feature catalog date.
- TFS1260: Coordinate System with TM North Arrow may cause a crash.
- TFS1264: Update all TM grid XML elements to CMYK color values.
- TFS1276: MTM map templates have incorrect definition query in BridgeL layer.
- TFS1279: Update Building Offsets XML for TDS7.
- TFS1280: Add new MIL-STD-3060 color definitions to MTM, TM and JOG Production PDF files.
- TFS1304: JOG Grid XMLs have duplicate annotation.
- TFS1354: JOG Grids Are Incorrectly Generating MGRS Grid Identifier Anno.
- BUG-000126473: Associate Workflow with MXD in Task Assistant Manager is not working.
- BUG-000128501: Data Reviewer Desktop: Running the Create Reviewer Session custom step object via Workflow Manager requires elevated privileges if the data workspace's DEFAULT version is set to protected.
- BUG-000126630: Data Reviewer Desktop: Domain check: Unable to narrow selection when region format is Dutch.
- BUG-000129851: Data Reviewer Desktop: Duplicate Vertex check: Address error geometry inconsistency between desktop and server executions.
- BUG-000127666:Data Reviewer Desktop: Double-clicking error result from Data Reviewer Table triggers multiple map re-draws and selects additional features that contain matching ObjectIDs in the active map.
- BUG-000127319: Data Reviewer Desktop: Using Select and Zoom to Feature Geometry from Data Reviewer Table selects additional features that contain matching ObjectIDs in the active map.
- BUG-000127832: Data Reviewer Desktop: Using Select and Zoom to Feature Geometry from Data Reviewer Table selects additional features that contain matching ObjectIDs in the active map.
- TFS1240: Load Data tool crashes when invalid cross reference is used.
- TFS1246: Geonames to GDB tool has issue with date field.
- TFS1253: Update the World Magnetic Model (WMM) for 2020.
- BUG-000127092: Create Replica tool performance is poor for large data sets.
- TFS1282: Change Distorted Surface symbol color to Dk-Brown 100 in TM and MTM styles.
- BUG-000127737: Production PDF export takes longer than previous release.
- BUG-000128035: The Extraction Settings SQL Statement column does not scroll when selection exceeds the page size.
- TFS1323: Changes that are made to the Extraction Exclusions dialog are not saved.
- TFS1341: Magnetic Calculator GP tool is returning incorrect error message.
- TFS1362: Remove Self Intersections fails with GlobalID field and all data from input feature class is erased.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
Esri Defense Mapping
Esri Production Mapping
Desktop and Server
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.