Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.7.1 Patch 1 (Desktop | Server)
This is a general cumulative maintenance patch for the Mapping and Charting Solutions including; ArcGIS for Aviation (Desktop), ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry (Desktop), ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting (Desktop), ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, Esri Defense Mapping for (Desktop, Server), and Esri Production Mapping for (Desktop, Server). Please download and install this patch at your earliest convenience.Description
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS for Aviation
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Esri Defense Mapping
- Esri Production Mapping
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting Solutions file.
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, additional installation instructions:
Maritime Chart Service
- Login as a Server Manager by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Stop the map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Move the controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\controlfiles to a backup location.
- Copy the new controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\maritimechartservice to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice.
- If modifications were made to the old control files, they will need to be made to the new control files. The backup control files can be used to consolidate modifications with the new control files. For example Coordinate systems and AutoCellUpdate settings.
- If the map service was configured to read S-63 encrypted datasets, copy the S-63 user-permit.txt file from the backup controlfiles folder to the new controlfiles folder.
- Delete the .senc files from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\sencs. The .senc files must be rebuilt after upgrading. Deleting them will significantly increase creation performance.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 for each map service with the Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\Bin.
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Server Manager https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 22 - 28 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
Products on Demand (PoD) for Maritime Server
This update is only required for existing Maritime PoD deployments. For a new deployment follow the Deploy Maritime PoD steps.
- Ensure Maritime Chart Service has been upgraded, see Maritime Chart Service steps above.
- Backup the productsondemand folder at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\productsondemand.
- Copy the productsondemand folder installed by this patch at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\ to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\.
- Merge modifications made to the productsondemand files in the backup folder with the new productsondemand folder. This may include layout templates, etc.
Utilities.py file update for Maritime Server: Products on Demand
- Navigate to the Utilities.py file which is typically located at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\ maritimeserver\productsondemand\Tools. This is the shared_products_path where productsondemand will be deployed.
- Edit the following variables:
- shared_products_path and output_directory: update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
- output_url: Use localhost for testing only otherwise, update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
Configuring the Maritime Server: Products on Demand web application
- Updated layout templates.
- Updated or published a new map service with Maritime Chart Service enabled.
- Updated Utilities.py file and restarted the Calculator and Gateway geoprocessing services.
- Move the pod web application folder to a backup location. For IIS it would be the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pod folder.
- Navigate to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server
\WebApplications and copy the folder called pod to C:\inetpub\wwwroot if using IIS to deploy your web application.
- Optionally rename the folder pod. The folder name will be the name of the application you access over the web.
- Consolidate any modifications from the backup pod web application with the new pod web application.
- Edit your podconfig.js file located under pod\js with your published POD service:
- Update serviceURL to the location created in step 2 of Publishing Service Definition Files. If defaults were used, then the path is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/POD.
- Update the MCSURL path, which the pod web application will use for viewing, to the map service path used in your layout template. The default location is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/SampleWorldCities/MapServer/exts/MaritimeChartService/MapServer. The layout template WMS service will be used by the print service to create the chart export.
- Optionally change the basemap from the Esri Ocean Basemap by modifying the BasemapWithMCS variable.
ArcGIS for Aviation
- TFS531: FAA 77: Incorrect vertex is generated when approach is below horizontal.
- BUG-000122671: ExportAixm51 should export ADHPUsageLim Timesheet rows.
- No additional updates.
- TFS117757: An S-57 ER can have soundings that are noisy if the order of the soundings changes from the previous published export.
- TFS118148: GP: Exporting a Cancel deletes the previous update file in the output folder.
- TFS118566: Using integer value for DisplayCategory or DisplayAIOFeatures parameter will impact service performance.
- TFS119400: WMS GetFeatureInfor and REST Identify and Find operations impact service performance when point symbology display parameter value equals 2.
- TFS119431: Enhancement: Added new supported operation mcsServiceStatus.
- TFS119432: Added missing view group values 14050 and 24050 to S52DisplayProperties.xml.
- TFS119600: Enhanced WMS logging within ArcGIS Server log files to remove superfluous information.
- TFS119635: Not applying updates to reissue data sets.
- TFS119839: Removed unnecessary update to Entitlements database when map service restarts.
- TFS119843: Invalid SSE:16 warning for S-63 signature files.
- TFS1045: TLM Meter Reference Guide text underline does not change color. Desktop and Server
- TFS524: Update label classes and label expressions for TM.
- TFS1056: Convert Labels to Annotation GP tool does not place annotation properly.
- TFS1081: TLM Meter Reference Guide should appear correctly with Arial font.
- TFS1085: Communication Station / intact (point) PS-04727 and Communication Station / not intact (point) PS-04728 need to be removed from the MGCP_50K Visual Specification Table.
- TFS1109: Not Intact Buildings in TM and MTM Legend are the wrong color.
- BUG-000124102: The list of workspace types for the Source Workspace and Target Geodatabase input text boxes need to be updated for the 'Creating a cross-reference database' help topic. Desktop and Server
- BUG-000123322: Production PDF does not honor color mapping rules when an image is visible in the map.
- BUG-000123740: Extract Data GP tool crashes ArcMap when Input Datasets are part of a feature dataset that contains a Network Dataset.
- BUG-000123950: It takes a very long time to expand the Series node in the Product Library window when there are many products under the node.
- TFS1074: Convert Polygons script tools fails when there are many features for the Compare Feature parameter.
- TFS1107: For Create Rapid Graphic GP tool when the Product Type is MTM50 or MTM100 the Version TRD_4_5 is not an available choice.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
Esri Defense Mapping
Esri Production Mapping
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.