Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.6.1 Patch 3 (Desktop | Server)
This is a general cumulative maintenance patch for the Mapping and Charting Solutions including; ArcGIS for Aviation (Desktop), ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry (Desktop), ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting (Desktop), ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, Esri Defense Mapping for (Desktop, Server), and Esri Production Mapping for (Desktop, Server). Please download and install this patch at your earliest convenience.Description
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS for Aviation
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Esri Defense Mapping
- Esri Production Mapping
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting Solutions file.
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, additional installation instructions:
Maritime Chart Service (MCS) for Maritime: Server
- Login as a Server Manager by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Stop the map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Move the controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\controlfiles to a backup location.
- Copy the new controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\maritimechartservice to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice.
- If modifications were made to the old control files, they will need to be made to the new control files. The backup control files can be used to consolidate modifications with the new control files. For example, Coordinate systems and AutoCellUpdate settings.
- If the map service was configured to read S-63 encrypted datasets, copy the S-63 user-permit.txt file from the backup controlfiles folder to the new controlfiles folder.
- Delete the .senc files from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\sencs. The .senc files must be rebuilt after upgrading. Deleting them will significantly increase creation performance.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 for each map service with the Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\Bin.
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Server Manager https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 22 - 28 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
Products on Demand (PoD) for Maritime Server
This update is only required for existing Maritime PoD deployments. For a new deployment follow the Deploy Maritime PoD steps.
- Ensure Maritime Chart Service has been upgraded, see Maritime Chart Service steps above.
- Backup the productsondemand folder at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\productsondemand.
- Copy the productsondemand folder installed by this patch at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\ to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\.
- Merge modifications made to the productsondemand files in the backup folder with the new productsondemand folder. This may include layout templates, etc.
Utilities.py file update for Maritime Server: Products on Demand
- Navigate to the Utilities.py file which is typically located at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\ maritimeserver\productsondemand\Tools. This is the shared_products_path where productsondemand will be deployed.
- Edit the following variables:
- shared_products_path and output_directory: update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
- output_url: Use localhost for testing only otherwise, update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
Configuring the Maritime Server: Products on Demand web application
- Updated layout templates.
- Updated or published a new map service with Maritime Chart Service enabled.
- Updated Utilities.py file and restarted the Calculator and Gateway geoprocessing services.
- Move the pod web application folder to a backup location. For IIS it would be the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pod folder.
- Navigate to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server
\WebApplications and copy the folder called pod to C:\inetpub\wwwroot if using IIS to deploy your web application.
- Optionally rename the folder pod. The folder name will be the name of the application you access over the web.
- Consolidate any modifications from the backup pod web application with the new pod web application.
- Edit your podconfig.js file located under pod\js with your published POD service:
- Update serviceURL to the location created in step 2 of Publishing Service Definition Files. If defaults were used, then the path is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/POD.
- Update the MCSURL path, which the pod web application will use for viewing, to the map service path used in your layout template. The default location is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/SampleWorldCities/MapServer/exts/MaritimeChartService/MapServer. The layout template WMS service will be used by the print service to create the chart export.
- Optionally change the basemap from the Esri Ocean Basemap by modifying the BasemapWithMCS variable.
ArcGIS for Aviation
- Git400: Curved approach shape may be incorrect in certain cases with long approaches.
- Git417: Annex 14 Approach Length of Inner Edge Parameters Updated in Annex 14.
- Git420: Annex 14 Take Off Climb Surface is incomplete.
- Git428: ICAOAnnex14: BalkedLanding surface inner edge length is half the specification given.
- Git440: ICAOAnnex14: ArcMap may crash for Non Precision and Precision approach for multipatch features.
- Git442: Annex14: Takeoff climb surface rectangular section length calculation is affected due to the different units of measure for x, y, and z.
- Git444: ICAOAnnex 14 - Inner Transitional surface generation logic updated as per the specification.
- Cumulative of previous 10.6.1 patches.
- TFS112595: Check-out replica database should have a dirty area if topology present.
- TFS112596: Filter extraneous relationships in the check-out replica database
- TFS113930: S-58 Check 42 reporting redundant results
- TFS114760: Specifying a replica name in the Nautical Checkout Replica tool that matches an existing version name results in an Item Not Found error
- TFS113926: Validate S-57 File and Parse S-58 Log File fail to work with Regional Settings using decimal place for comma.
- TFS114611: Products on Demand: Export Issues for a chart name that has a leading or ending space.
- TFS113276: Enhancement: Added new display parameter for Display Safe Soundings.
- TFS113663: Enhancement: Changed entitlement operation for Insert and Delete method so they are no longer case sensitive.
- TFS113711: Enhancement: Added new viewing group in S52displayproperties.xml for S-52 Presentation Library edition 4.0.2 section 14.3.
- TFS113738: Enhancement: Increased dataset loading performance during MapServer restart.
- TFS113878: Enhancement: Added new forceCharts parameter that allows you to enter a list of charts, drawing the first one in the list on top regardless of compilation scale or usage band.
- TFS114523: Enhancement: Implemented S-52 Over Scale functionality.
- TFS114530: Enhancement: Changed Safety Contour default value to 30 meters from 10 meters according to S-52.
- TFS114645: Enhancement: Added new display parameter for turning all Isolated Dangers off regardless of other system settings.
- TFS115074: Enhancement: Added new Query method to entitlement operation.
- TFS115307: External file reference token value not displaying properly in html response.
- TFS115308: GetFeatureInfo not returning external file reference token value for json and xml formats.
- Git650 : Add Symbol Level Settings for Roads in TM templates.
- Git756 : Remove embedded VO content from TM TOC.
- Git793 : Update TDS generalization models to include industry feedback.
- Git796 : MTM 100 Template Updates.
- Git862 : Building Offsets have issues in TDS 7.
- Git863 : Limited Distribution Note is out of date.
- Git878 : MGCP Metadata attributes domains are not configured.
- Git886 : Updates to TDS7 GDB.
- Git892 : MTM TRD 4_2 has embedded VO content in TOC.
- Git857 : Enhancements to Production Manager 10.x Config Builder widget.
- Git833 : Meter Reference Guide does not allow manual updates.
- Git805 : Generalize Shared Features does not handle overlapping polygons.
- Git807 : Generalize Shared Features may move generalized features to opposite side of topology features that do not share an edge.
- Git829 : Production PDF drops dynamic text values.
- Git867 : Update World Magnetic Model 2015-2020 to v2 which includes the Fall 2019 off-cycle release.
- Git830 : Update Production Manager App to support mixed and lower case table names
- Git839 : Production PDF crash from POD
ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
Esri Defense Mapping
Desktop and Server
Esri Production Mapping
Desktop and Server
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.