Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.6.1 Patch 2 (Desktop | Server)
This is a general cumulative maintenance patch for the Mapping and Charting Solutions including; ArcGIS for Aviation (Desktop), ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry (Desktop), ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting (Desktop), ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, Esri Defense Mapping for (Desktop, Server), and Esri Production Mapping for (Desktop, Server). Please download and install this patch at your earliest convenience.Description
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS for Aviation
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Esri Defense Mapping
- Esri Production Mapping
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting Solutions file.
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, additional installation instructions:
Maritime Chart Service (MCS) for Maritime: Server
- Login as a Server Manager by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Stop the map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Move the controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\controlfiles to a backup location.
- Copy the new controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\maritimechartservice to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice.
- If modifications were made to the old control files, they will need to be made to the new control files. The backup control files can be used to consolidate modifications with the new control files. For example, Coordinate systems and AutoCellUpdate settings.
- If the map service was configured to read S-63 encrypted datasets, copy the S-63 user-permit.txt file from the backup controlfiles folder to the new controlfiles folder.
- Delete the .senc files from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\sencs. The .senc files must be rebuilt after upgrading. Deleting them will significantly increase creation performance.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 for each map service with the Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\Bin.
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Server Manager https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 22 - 28 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
Products on Demand (PoD) for Maritime Server
This update is only required for existing Maritime PoD deployments. For a new deployment follow the Deploy Maritime PoD steps.
- Ensure Maritime Chart Service has been upgraded, see Maritime Chart Service steps above.
- Backup the productsondemand folder at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\productsondemand.
- Copy the productsondemand folder installed by this patch at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\ to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\.
- Merge modifications made to the productsondemand files in the backup folder with the new productsondemand folder. This may include layout templates, etc.
Utilities.py file update for Maritime Server: Products on Demand
- Navigate to the Utilities.py file which is typically located at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\ maritimeserver\productsondemand\Tools. This is the shared_products_path where productsondemand will be deployed.
- Edit the following variables:
- shared_products_path and output_directory: update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
- output_url: Use localhost for testing only otherwise, update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
Configuring the Maritime Server: Products on Demand web application
- Updated layout templates.
- Updated or published a new map service with Maritime Chart Service enabled.
- Updated Utilities.py file and restarted the Calculator and Gateway geoprocessing services.
- Move the pod web application folder to a backup location. For IIS it would be the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pod folder.
- Navigate to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server
\WebApplications and copy the folder called pod to C:\inetpub\wwwroot if using IIS to deploy your web application.
- Optionally rename the folder pod. The folder name will be the name of the application you access over the web.
- Consolidate any modifications from the backup pod web application with the new pod web application.
- Edit your podconfig.js file located under pod\js with your published POD service:
- Update serviceURL to the location created in step 2 of Publishing Service Definition Files. If defaults were used, then the path is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/POD.
- Update the MCSURL path, which the pod web application will use for viewing, to the map service path used in your layout template. The default location is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/SampleWorldCities/MapServer/exts/MaritimeChartService/MapServer. The layout template WMS service will be used by the print service to create the chart export.
- Optionally change the basemap from the Esri Ocean Basemap by modifying the BasemapWithMCS variable.
ArcGIS for Aviation
- BUG-000116579 : ImportAixm51 does not fully support AIXM 5.1 CodeSurfaceComposition values.
- TFS112483 : Terrain and Approach Profile is not using input terrain minimum value to calculate grid extent.
- TFS113261 : Terrain and Obstacle Profile not showing the complete profile.
- TFS113403 : Create Airspace Area fixes for Oracle RDBMS.
- TFS113199 : Advanced Callout outline is not scaling properly.
- TFS113200 : ImportAixm45 is not creating DME navaidsystem if DME is an ILS component.
- TFS113203 : Selected feature is not an AirportSign feature error.
- Cumulative of previous 10.6.1 patches.
- Fixes and updates to S-58 checks.
- Bug 113429: S-57 Exporter fix to correctly export a list-type attribute containing an unknown (-32767) value.
- Fixes and updates to VPF TOD Exporter.
- Bug 112380: Batch Copy Paste tool does not honor user NIS_product_type attribute.
- TFS111803: Enhancement: Added Admiralty Information Overlay (AIO) support for Admiralty Vector Chart Service (AVCS).
- TFS112926: Bug: Map service with MCS enabled crashed when datasets folder was empty or not found.
- TFS113267: Enhancement: Added viewing group 31011 support for LOWACC01 symbol.
- TFS113276: Enhancement: Added new display parameter for Safety Depth.
- TFS113412: Enhancement: Added new display parameter to turn on/off light sectors.
- Git667: Remove Cyan-31 layer from Foreshore and Reef symbol in the TM and MTM Legends.
- BUG-000116697: BUG-000116697 The Split Features GP tool fails with the error, "ERROR 999998: Unexpected Error. Failed to execute (Split Features)" when the tool is used in a model.
- Git748: Create Rapid Graphic does not add grid data to Location Diagram data frame and does not run Grid Layout View for JOG_A.
- Git751: Create Rapid Graphic needs to change the data frame for JOGA.
- Git755: TM - Split Transportation Ground Curve layer into sublayers.
- Git757: MTM - Clean embedded VO content from TOC.
- Git768: Create Spot Heights GP tool needs to work with a Spot Height Layer that does not have subtypes.
- Git769: Create JOG Elevation Tint Bands GP Tool - The bands created do not match the contours well enough.
- Git770: Simplify Contours GP Tool - Need to Revise Method and Tolerances.
- Git771: JOGA/TPC Support - Need tool to create feet values for labeling.
- Git775: Update Location Diagram data frame name.
- Git783: Create JOG Elevation Tint Bands GP Tool should use the specified standard range of elevation tint bands as defined inJOG DPS.
- Git797: MTM 50 Template Barcode Font.
- BUG-000114826: Exporting Data Driven Pages using Production PDF to produce a Single PDF File results in a PDF with repeating pages.
- Git706: Production PDF hillshade is dropping.
- Git789: Generalized Shared Features causes overlaps and gaps when narrow features exist in the data.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
Esri Defense Mapping
Desktop and Server
Esri Production Mapping
Desktop and Server
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.