ArcGIS Server for Linux Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 Connection Patch
This is a patch for ArcGIS Server on Linux systems for connecting to SQL Server geodatabases with the Microsoft ODBC Driver 17.
Esri® announces the ArcGIS Server for Linux Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 Connection Patch. This patch addresses an issue that exists for ArcGIS Server clients on Linux systems when trying to connect to SQL Server using the Microsoft ODBC Driver 17. It deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this patch.
- BUG-000115640 - Failed to register a SQL Server database with ArcGIS Server using the MS ODBC Driver 17.
Complete the following install steps as the ArcGIS Install owner. The Install owner is the owner of the arcgis folder.
ArcGIS Server 10.6 or 10.6.1 must be installed before installing this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS 10.6.1 Checksum (Md5) ArcGIS Server ArcGIS-1061-S-MOD17C-Patch-linux.tar 4E098568EF674C0D727368103DAEA723 ArcGIS 10.6 Checksum (Md5) ArcGIS Server ArcGIS-106-S-MOD17C-Patch-linux.tar 6C2865D038E0E11F62569D69DE09A0A0
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Extract the specified tar file by typing:
% tar -xvf ArcGIS-<Version>-S-MOD17C-Patch-linux.tar
- Start the installation by typing:
This will start the dialog for the menu-driven installation procedure. Default selections are noted in parentheses ( ). To quit the installation procedure, type 'q' at any time.
- To remove this patch, navigate to the /tmp directory and run the following script as the ArcGIS Install owner:
Notes: You can only remove the patch that was installed most recently.
- Restart your ArcGIS Server services
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.