Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.5.1 Patch 5 (Desktop | Server)
This patch is obsolete. All fixes have been incorporated into Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.5.1 Patch 6 for (Desktop | Server).Description
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS for Aviation
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Esri Defense Mapping
- Esri Production Mapping
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting Solutions file.
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, additional installation instructions:
Maritime Chart Service
- Login as a Server Manager by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Stop the map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Move the controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\controlfiles to a backup location.
- Copy the new controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\maritimechartservice to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice.
- If modifications were made to the old control files, they will need to be made to the new control files. The backup control files can be used to consolidate modifications with the new control files. For example Coordinate systems and AutoCellUpdate settings.
- If the map service was configured to read S-63 encrypted datasets, copy the S-63 user-permit.txt file from the backup controlfiles folder to the new controlfiles folder.
- Delete the .senc files from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\sencs. The .senc files must be rebuilt after upgrading. Deleting them will significantly increase creation performance.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 for each map service with the Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\Bin.
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Server Manager https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 22 - 28 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
Products on Demand (PoD) for Maritime Server
This update is only required for existing Maritime PoD deployments. For a new deployment follow the Deploy Maritime PoD steps.
- Ensure Maritime Chart Service has been upgraded, see Maritime Chart Service steps above.
- Backup the productsondemand folder at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\productsondemand.
- Copy the productsondemand folder installed by this patch at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\ to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\.
- Merge modifications made to the productsondemand files in the backup folder with the new productsondemand folder. This may include layout templates, etc.
Utilities.py file update for Maritime Server: Products on Demand
- Navigate to the Utilities.py file which is typically located at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\ maritimeserver\productsondemand\Tools. This is the shared_products_path where productsondemand will be deployed.
- Edit the following variables:
- shared_products_path and output_directory: update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
- output_url: Use localhost for testing only otherwise, update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
Configuring the Maritime Server: Products on Demand web application
- Updated layout templates.
- Updated or published a new map service with Maritime Chart Service enabled.
- Updated Utilities.py file and restarted the Calculator and Gateway geoprocessing services.
- Move the pod web application folder to a backup location. For IIS it would be the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pod folder.
- Navigate to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server
\WebApplications and copy the folder called pod to C:\inetpub\wwwroot if using IIS to deploy your web application.
- Optionally rename the folder pod. The folder name will be the name of the application you access over the web.
- Consolidate any modifications from the backup pod web application with the new pod web application.
- Edit your podconfig.js file located under pod\js with your published POD service:
- Update serviceURL to the location created in step 2 of Publishing Service Definition Files. If defaults were used, then the path is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/POD.
- Update the MCSURL path, which the pod web application will use for viewing, to the map service path used in your layout template. The default location is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/SampleWorldCities/MapServer/exts/MaritimeChartService/MapServer. The layout template WMS service will be used by the print service to create the chart export.
- Optionally change the basemap from the Esri Ocean Basemap by modifying the BasemapWithMCS variable.
ArcGIS for Aviation
- TFS108727 Wind turbine tool returns error if the data frame is projected.
- TFS108825 Update Carto Commander to honor mapid for obstacle features.
- TFS108885 ADHPSurfacePoint Subtype_Code is incorrect in AIXM 5.1 import.
- Cumulative of previous 10.5.1 patches.
- TFS109075 DNC and TOD VPF: Notes.rat is being dropped from a portion of a feature when exported to VPF.
- TFS108871 DNC Tools: When adding a TOD note to multiple features the Notes Editor returns an error.
- TFS108794 DNC VPF: Relpoint.pft Column Description needs to be updated.
- TFS109223 TOD VPF: VPF Exporter logic should correct Area/Line Join Table relationships.
- BUG-000111460 A Maritime Chart Server enabled map service displays only the 5-57 data set outlines because the service is crashing on Windows Server 10 Fall Creators update and Windows Server 2008 R2. The ArcGIS Server log shows that the host Maritime Chart Service is crashing.
- Git434 An error is returned when calculating reps on TDS 6.1 if the Explicit Override field is populated.
- Git460 Rapid Graphic fails on resourcing invalid standalone tables in a map template.
- Git479 Geodatabase to Shape tool is not exporting descriptions for data sets that do not have subtypes. Desktop
- BUG-000111883 Remove Form Line, Approximate Index Contour, and Approximate Intermediate Contour coded values from the LCA010HQC domain.
- Git488 Update topology xmls files to meet TRD 4.1-4.4 specification.
- BUG-000112028 Unacceptable latency when loading the Visual Specification Workspace for Calculate Visual Specifications geoprocessing tool.
- BUG-000112318 When using Production PDF, the error The encoding (CMap) specified by a font is missing is encountered when clicking Evaluate Map on the Color Mapping Rules dialog.
- BUG-000112529 Arcpyproduction.mapping.ExportToSeparatedTIFF executed through a script will crash when a data_frame object is passed and the world_file parameter is set to False or is not specified.
- BUG-000112672 Arcpyproduction.mapping.ExportToSeparatedTIFF executed through a script will create a .tfw file in the directory when the out_tiff_path parameter contains a folder with periods.
- Git491 GridsAndGraticules.cpp::CalculateExtent can experience infinite while-loop.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
Esri Defense Mapping
Desktop and Server
Esri Production Mapping
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.