Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.5.1 Patch 2 (Desktop | Server)
This patch is obsolete. All fixes have been incorporated into Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.5.1 Patch 3 for (Desktop | Server).Description
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS for Aviation
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Esri Defense Mapping
- Esri Production Mapping
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting Solutions file.
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, additional installation instructions:
Maritime Chart Service
- Login as a Server Manager by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Stop the map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Move the controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\controlfiles to a backup location.
- Copy the new controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\maritimechartservice to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice.
- If modifications were made to the old control files, they will need to be made to the new control files. The backup control files can be used to consolidate modifications with the new control files. For example Coordinate systems and AutoCellUpdate settings.
- If the map service was configured to read S-63 encrypted datasets, copy the S-63 user-permit.txt file from the backup controlfiles folder to the new controlfiles folder.
- Delete the .senc files from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\sencs. The .senc files must be rebuilt after upgrading. Deleting them will significantly increase creation performance.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 for each map service with the Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\Bin.
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Server Manager https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 22 - 28 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
Products on Demand (PoD) for Maritime Server
This update is only required for existing Maritime PoD deployments. For a new deployment follow the Deploy Maritime PoD steps.
- Ensure Maritime Chart Service has been upgraded, see Maritime Chart Service steps above.
- Backup the productsondemand folder at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\productsondemand.
- Copy the productsondemand folder installed by this patch at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\ to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\.
- Merge modifications made to the productsondemand files in the backup folder with the new productsondemand folder. This may include layout templates, etc.
Utilities.py file update for Maritime Server: Products on Demand
- Navigate to the Utilities.py file which is typically located at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\ maritimeserver\productsondemand\Tools. This is the shared_products_path where productsondemand will be deployed.
- Edit the following variables:
- shared_products_path and output_directory: update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
- output_url: Use localhost for testing only otherwise, update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
Configuring the Maritime Server: Products on Demand web application
- Updated layout templates.
- Updated or published a new map service with Maritime Chart Service enabled.
- Updated Utilities.py file and restarted the Calculator and Gateway geoprocessing services.
- Move the pod web application folder to a backup location. For IIS it would be the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pod folder.
- Navigate to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server
\WebApplications and copy the folder called pod to C:\inetpub\wwwroot if using IIS to deploy your web application.
- Optionally rename the folder pod. The folder name will be the name of the application you access over the web.
- Consolidate any modifications from the backup pod web application with the new pod web application.
- Edit your podconfig.js file located under pod\js with your published POD service:
- Update serviceURL to the location created in step 2 of Publishing Service Definition Files. If defaults were used, then the path is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/POD.
- Update the MCSURL path, which the pod web application will use for viewing, to the map service path used in your layout template. The default location is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/SampleWorldCities/MapServer/exts/MaritimeChartService/MapServer. The layout template WMS service will be used by the print service to create the chart export.
- Optionally change the basemap from the Esri Ocean Basemap by modifying the BasemapWithMCS variable.
ArcGIS for Aviation
- TFS104273 FAA VFR - Class E Airspace Line Renderer tool is not creating a line when the floor changes.
- TFS104349 For SUAs other than MOA, substitute "OTHER TIMES BY NOTAM" with a dagger.
- TFS104350 Entries with the same information are not getting combine.
- TFS104351 Trailing zeros should always be shown for TABs frequencies.
- TFS104352 Controlling agencies with parenthesis in the name are not displaying frequencies correctly.
- TFS104353 Plus signs are showing the Time of Use field for LA Sectional tabs.
- TFS104354 Show degree symbols on all sectors.
- TFS104690 ImportAixm45 is not correctly importing NavaidIndication rows to AIS for NavaidComponent significant point types due to data mapping and schema issues.
- TFS104757 FAA VFR - Class E Airspace Line Renderer needs floor type included in output.
- TFS105018 FAA VFR - Group Obstacle tool should be enhanced to support different group logic within wind farms.
- TFS104931 If a list contains 1001 or more names Oracle will throw an exception.
- TFS102602: AML 2.1 to 1.0 conversion should modify all necessary values for the typewk attribute.
- TFS102355: Features are out of order when a Collection is deleted in an ER.
- TFS102359: S-58 check 28 (Record count incorrect, e.g. NOMR/NOCN/NOED/etc) is not working correctly with ER present.
- TFS102507: S-58 check 1673a not returning as an Error.
- TFS103046: S-58 check 1522b is returned when the ER is actually valid.
- TFS103674 I18N: POD product export failed with Arabic system locale.
- TFS103675 I18N: AOI display shifted away with Arabic system locale.
- TFS103765 Special characters in the custom name while exporting a product unable to get the link to open PDF even though the process shows as 100percent.
- TFS103988 Check boxes appearing in switches for POD display properties.
- TFS104761 PoD updates for Internet Explorer 11 support.
- TFS101090 Improve degree label placement on INT2 borders.
- TFS103521 PoD should calculate a custom standard parallel based on the latitude of the AOI.
- BUG-000107884 Import MGCP Metadata GP tool is not referencing the STIERN tag, therefore, the STIERN attribute on the Subregion feature class is being populated with the default value.
- BUG-000107330 Encounter error 'Unable to find hydro exclusion feature class in production workspace' when running the Create Rapid Graphic GP tool.
- BUG-000107396 The Associate Task Assistant Manager workflow with a map document does not associate workflow with the .mxd file.
- BUG-000108196 Field that has been assigned Field Type of Text with format of CCYYMMDD is not displaying correctly in the Update Attributes window.
- BUG-000107827 Remove Empty Layers causes ArcMap to crash when broken data links are present in the ArcMap Table of Contents (TOC).
- TFS104488 If a map has layers that are not visible, either turned off OR not visible at scale due to scale dependent rendering, the output PDF of the map will be rasterized.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
Esri Defense Mapping
Desktop and Server
Esri Production Mapping
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.