ArcIMS 4.0.1 Spatial Server- Raster Update
ESRI is pleased to announce this memory leak patch for ArcIMS 4.0.1. This patch addresses CQ00185871: "Memory leak in spatial server with SDE Raster datasets and when Images are projected". We highly recommend that customers download and install this patch at their earliest convenience.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
UNIX and Linux
- Installing this Patch
UNIX and Linux
- Identifying QFE files on your machine
- Patch Updates
- Getting Help
CQ00185871: Memory leak in spatial server with SDE Raster datasets and when Images are projected
UNIX and Linux
- libaimssderio.so (libaimssderio.sl on HP and libaimssderio.a on AIX)
- Navigate to $AIMSHOME/qs_scripts and run the stop_arcims script
- Navigate to your $AIMSHOME/bin. Make a copy of the file aimssderio.dll as aimssderio_401.dll
Navigate to your $AIMSHOME/lib. Make a copy of the file libaimssderio.so (libaimssderio.sl on HP and libaimssderio.a on AIX) as libaimssderio_401.so (libaimssderio_401.sl on HP and libaimssderio_401.a on AIX)
Navigate to your $AIMSHOME/ext/MapServer and make a copy of the aimsms.dll to a file named aimsms_401.dll
- Download the appropriate tar file to your $AIMSHOME directory :
HP-UX qfe-ims-401-cq187290_hp.tar.Z (1.49 MB)
AIX qfe-ims-401-cq187290_aix.tar.Z (638 KB)
LINUX qfe-ims-401-cq187290_linux.tar.Z (536 KB)
SGI qfe-ims-401-cq187290_sgi.tar.Z (2.62 MB)
SOLARIS qfe-ims-401-cq187290_sun.tar.Z (480 KB)
- Uncompress and extract the specified tar file for your platform.
%cd <installation_directory> (i.e. cd $AIMSHOME)
%tar xvf qfe-ims-401-cq187290_<platform>.tar
- Verify that the following files have been updated with the patched ones in this distribution.
- $AIMSHOME/lib/libaimssderio.so (libaimssderio.sl on HP and libaimssderio.a on AIX)
- Navigate to $AIMSHOME/qs_scripts and run the start_arcims script
- From your Services control panel, stop the ArcIMS Tasker, ArcIMS Monitor, and ArcIMS Application Server (in that order).
- Download QFE-IMS-401-CQ187290_Windows.zip (ZIP format, 604 KB).
- Use WinZip to extract aimssderio.dll and aimsms.dll from QFE-IMS-401-CQ187290_Windows.zip.
- Open your Windows Explorer. Navigate to your <ArcIMS 4.0.1 install directory>\ArcIMS\Server\bin. Make a copy of
the file aimssderio.dll as aimssderio_401.dll
Navigate to your <ArcIMS 4.0.1 install directory>\ArcIMS\Server\ext\MapServer and make a copy of the aimsms.dll to a file named aimsms_401.dll.
- Replace the following files with the patched ones in this distribution.
- <ArcIMS 4.0.1 install directory>\ArcIMS\Server\bin\aimssderio.dll
- <ArcIMS 4.0.1 install directory>\ArcIMS\Server\ext\MapServer\aimsms.dll
- Restart the ArcIMS Application Server, ArcIMS Monitor and ArcIMS Tasker (in that order).
Identifying QFE files on your machine
Any modified UNIX executables (or libraries) being sent out as part of a Quick Fix will return the unique identification number for that fix when checked with the "what" command for UNIX and the "strings" command for Linux. For example, to display the identification string for this Patch on UNIX, type:
%cd <directory where the patched file is located>
%what <file name>| grep QFE
To check for the presence of Quick Fixes, examine the unique identification information by a (right click, properties, version tab) action under Explorer. With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a QFE distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. Under Windows 2000, select 'Product Version' under the 'Item name' column to see the unique identifier. The unique identifier for this QFE is QFE-IMS-401-CQ00187290.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.