Esri Roads and Highways Data Repair Utility for TFS40246
This Data Repair Utility fixes data errors introduced by edits using Esri Roads and Highways prior to the 10.3.1 release resulting from a defect when a route is extended or reassigned and the calibration points are subsequently edited manually (TFS40539, TFS40554, and TFS40246). The defects that cause the errors have been addressed in the Roads and Highways 10.3.1 release and this utility corrects the data errors.Description
Defects causing these data errors were fixed in the 10.3.1 release of Esri Roads and Highways for Desktop. Upgrading to 10.3.1 will ensure no further errors are introduced, however, errors introduced by edits in versions prior to 10.3.1 will remain until the Data Repair Utility is run.
The defects that cause these data errors are the following:
- TFS40539: Reassigning a portion of a route to a new route doesn't update the record for the reassigned route in the Route table. When any portion of a route is reassigned, the route table does not reflect the reassignment.
- TFS40554: Extending a route at the beginning/end doesn't update the record for the route in the Route table. When a route is extended, the route table does not reflect the extension.
- TFS40246: Duplicate network feature class and centerline sequence table records result for routes that have been extended or reassigned and then subsequently then had calibration points manually added, edited, or deleted (related to TFS40539 and TFS40554 above).
Issues TFS40539 and TFS40557 alone are benign, however, when calibration points are manually added, edited, or deleted on one of these extended or reassigned routes or the UpdateCalibrationPoints geoprocessing tool is used on these routes, duplicate records are created in the network feature class and centerline sequence table for the edited routes. In addition, further edits to these routes could compound the duplication issue.
In rare cases, events on these routes could have their shapes nullified, however the measures and all other attributes remain untouched.
We recommend users upgrade to Roads and Highways 10.3.1 before running this utility. Those using 10.2.2 and 10.3 can run the utility without upgrading, however, further extend and reassign edits and subsequent manual route calibration could result in the data errors described above if the software is not upgraded.
This data utility will determine routes which have been extended and reassigned, then makes the following updates to data in the geodatabase:
- Update the route table for those routes.
- Identify and remove any duplicate records for those routes in the network feature class.
- Identify and remove any duplicate records for those routes in the centerline sequence table.
- Regenerate the shapes for those routes in the network feature class.
- Regenerate the shapes for all events on those routes in the event feature classes.
- Provide an output file listing all routes repaired.
Accessing this utility
- Download the utility.
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Follow the steps in Instructions.pdf to run the utility.
|Data Repair Utility 10.2.2-10.3.1|
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
If you are in the United States, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. Sites outside of the United States, please contact your local Esri software distributor.