ArcGIS Desktop 10 SP5 Print Dialog Hang Patch
This patch addresses issues some users experienced with certain printers, drivers, and user profiles, wherein the first print of the day from ArcMap would cause the application to stop responding.Description
- Issues Addressed with this patch
- Files Installed with this patch
- Installing this patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
- Getting Help
Esri® announces the ArcGIS Desktop 10 SP5 Print Dialog Hang Patch. This patch addresses issues some users experienced with certain printers, drivers, and user profiles, wherein the first print of the day from ArcMap would cause the application to stop responding. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM098209 - After initially starting ArcMap, sending the first print job of the day will hang the program. After restarting ArcMap, subsequent print jobs execute successfully.
System Administrators: A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
ArcGIS Desktop 10 SP5 must be installed before installing this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-10SP5-DT-PDH-Patch.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-10SP5-DT-PDH-Patch.msp
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.