ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for (Desktop, Engine, Server) SQL Server User Names With Special Characters Patch
This patch addresses issues encountered when SQL Server user names contain special characters such as a dot (.) or a hyphen (-).Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
Esri® announces the ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for (Desktop, Engine, Server) SQL Server User Names With Special Characters Patch. This patch addresses issues encountered when SQL Server user names contain special characters such as a dot (.) or a hyphen (-). It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM082739 - Failure to create a new layer or table, access an existing one, or add it into ArcMap if the SQL Server user name includes a dot (.), hyphen (-) or any other character that requires delimiting.
- NIM082947 - Cannot modify or delete a version created by a user with a dot (.) in the user name.
- NIM083805 - ArcGIS Desktop is unable to connect to the geodatabase version if the username of the owner of that version contains a dot (.).
- NIM088882 - SQL Server only: An error is encountered when creating a child or grandchild version when the version owner has a dot (.) in their name.
- NIM089772 - If the connected user's name contains a dot (.), copy-paste of a feature class can fail with a 'Column Index Already Exists' error.
System Administrators: A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10.1 setups using Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10.1 Enterprise Deployment.
ArcGIS 10.1 Service Pack 1 for Desktop, Engine, or Server must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-101SP1-<Product>-SSSC-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-101SP1-<Product>-SSSC-Patch.msp
|ArcGIS for Desktop||ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-SSSC-Patch.msp||6B554D4CDCD339438F9FEDC42661A6A3|
|ArcGIS for Server||ArcGIS-101SP1-S-SSSC-Patch.msp||823DF7054A978F96D186DD3B48467D57|
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, Choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.