Esri CityEngine 2012.1 Software Authorization Patch
This patch addresses a software authorization problem for Esri CityEngine 2012.1 when ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 (any Service Pack level) is also installed on the same machine. Users should install this patch to allow the authorization of Esri CityEngine 2012.1 in this particular scenario.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Installing this Patch on Linux
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
Esri® announces the Esri CityEngine 2012.1 Software Authorization Patch. This patch addresses a software authorization problem for CityEngine 2012.1 when ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 (any Service Pack level) is also installed on the same machine. Users should install this patch to allow the authorization of CityEngine 2012.1 in this particular scenario. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM085524 - CityEngine 2012.1 authorization fails with the error: 7109:Invalid activation ID: <authorization number> if ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 is present on the same machine.
System Administrators: A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10.1 setups using Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10.1 Enterprise Deployment.
Esri CityEngine 2012.1 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the file to a location other than your Esri CityEngine installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your Esri CityEngine installation location.
- Double-click CityEngine-2012-SA-Patch.exe to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\CityEngine-2012-SA-Patch.exe
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, Choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.