Esri Business Analyst 10 (Canadian Edition) Desktop with 2010 Data - Service Pack 1
Esri Canada and Esri are pleased to announce the release of Service Pack 1 for all desktop versions of Business Analyst 10 (Canadian Edition) with 2010 Data. This update contains important data maintenance and software application fixes for those who have installed Business Analyst 10 (Canadian Edition) with 2010 Data. DO NOT install this Service Pack unless you have received your updated Service Pack 1 Data License. Note: This service pack is approximately 700MB.Description
- Installing this Service Pack on Windows
- Issues Addressed with this Service Pack
- Getting Help
This update contains performance improvements and maintenance fixes for those who have installed desktop versions of Business Analyst 10 (Canadian Edition) with 2010 Data, also known as Build 10.0.0.122. Business Analyst 10 (Canadian Edition) Service Pack 1 (BA10(CE)SP1) is not dependent on ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 1 (ArcGIS10SP1), thus there are no implications on the order of install. However, installing both ArcGIS10SP1 and BA10(CE)SP1 is recommended. Due to important data updates included in this Service pack, you will need to re-authorize your data access via an updated data license file which will be emailed to you. The correct data license filename will contain a service pack identifier. e.g.: Std_Ont_2010_BAC_SP1.sdlic.
BA10(Canadian Edition) must be installed before you can install this Service Pack and you must have received a BA10(CE)SP1 updated data license file by email. You can install the service pack in one of two ways: either by requesting a physical update on DVD and installing from the DVD, or by downloading the service pack install file to install from a local disk drive.
- All hotfix patches made available to you prior to the release of Business Analyst 10 (Canadian Edition) Service Pack 1 are included in this Service Pack. It is no longer relevant to install these files individually.
- If installing this Canadian Service Pack on a computer with both Business Analyst 10 desktop, USA and Canadian versions installed, you must update the USA version with Business Analyst 10 Service Pack 1 - for 2010 Data, prior to updating the Canadian version with BA10(CE)SP1.
- To verify your current Business Analyst software version, start Business Analyst. From the Business Analyst drop-down menu, select Preferences and then select the General tab. At the bottom of this tab you will see the current Business Analyst version, which should be either Build 10.0.0.122 (Canadian on version) or Build #10.0.1.122 (if the US version is also installed).
To Install the Service Pack
- You must have ArcMap and ArcCatalog closed.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is accessing it.
- If you have a customized "Business Analyst_CAN.mxd", make a backup copy before continuing.
- If using DVD, insert DVD into a drive and navigate to it in file explorer.
- If downloading, download BA10(CE)SP1.msp to a location other than the installation folder.
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process and follow the on screen instructions.
- Once the installation is complete, locate the updated Service Pack 1 sdlic file that was emailed to you and copy to your desktop. The sdlic filename will contain a Service Pack identifier. e.g.: Std_Ont_2010_BAC_SP1.sdlic. Double-click this file to automatically start the ArcGIS Administrator application and register the new authorization file. Once registered, you may delete the copy on your desktop.
- To verify the data license registration, within the ArcGIS Administrator application, select the Data Licenses folder displayed in the left panel. In the right panel the authorized data licenses will be displayed.
- All non-data related issues addressed by the Business Analyst 10 Service Pack 1 - for 2010 Data, Service Pack for BA Build 10.0.0.77 (USA version)
- Cdn116259 Create Study Area – Unable to create Study Area by CMACA.
- Cdn116044 Reports - Zero value reports generated for some Regional Data Sets
- Cdn116893 Reports - Inaccurate report values generated when using Cascading Centroids or Block Apportionment methods
- Cdn116896 Drive Time - Drive-time results identical regardless of selected speed settings parameters
- Cdn116686 Reports - Business Summary Report calculates incorrect summary values
- CDev1016 Message Center - Data License Status is reported incorrectly
- CDev1017 Reports - All user editable reports are now in Esri report writer format.
- CDev1018 Reports - 'Age Sex Canada' report replaced with 'Age By Sex Canada' report with revised content.
- CDev1019 Reports - 'DEP Age 55+ Canada Profile' report replaced by 'DEP Age 65+ Canada Profile' report with revised content.
- CDev1014 Reports - 'Family Canada' report replaced by 'Family Report Canada' report with revised content.
- CDev1015 Reports - 'Demographic and Income Canada' report replaced by 'Language and Ethnicity Profile' report
- Canadian sites, please contact ESRI Canada Technical Support at 1-877-441-0337, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack.
- USA sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack.
- International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.
Business Analyst 10 (CE) Service Pack 1 DVD
A DVD of this Service Pack will be made available for users who experience difficulties downloading the Service Pack from the web site. Simply request the DVD by contacting email@example.com.