ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 1 License Manager Patch
This patch addresses four issues that affect the efficient operation of the license manager.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Installing this Patch on Linux and Solaris
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 1 License Manager Patch. This patch addresses three issues related to the authorization process for the license manager and a fourth issue related to the license borrow functionality. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM064547 – The offline authorization of concurrent use licenses might result in a loss of licenses.
- NIM064730 - Borrowing fails if a license manager has both expired and valid licenses for the same product.
- NIM064966 - The offline authorization for the License Manager needs to be modified so that it's only a one step process.
Description: The offline authorization process for the License Manager at ArcGIS 10 Final and Service Pack 1 involved a two stage process when authorizing for the first time on a machine. This patch modifies the authorization mechanism, so that the first-time offline authorization is now only a one stage process. This patch must be applied first over the ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 1 License Manager before authorizing licenses.
- NIM065544 - The Software Authorization Wizard fails to refresh license counts on authorization requests even after correction.
Description: If an incorrect license count is entered in the wizard, the authorization process might continue to fail even if corrected. This is because the information sent across is not refreshed. This patch will refresh the information sent during the authorization process.
Description: An incorrect count specified when trying to authorize concurrent use licenses by the email or website upload methods might result in a loss of licenses on the ESRI Customer Service side. This patch prevents that scenario from happening. This patch must be applied first over the ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 1 License Manager before authorizing licenses.
Under the Windows C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\License10.0\bin folder:
Under the Linux/Solaris arcgis/license10.0/bin folder:
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS License Manager installation location.
- From the Start/Stop License Service panel of the License Server Administrator, select ‘Stop’ and close the License Server Administrator.
- Double-click gis10sp1-LM-Patch.msp to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- After installation is complete, open the License Server Administrator and select `Start’ from the Start/Stop License Service panel.
|ArcGIS License Manager||gis10sp1-LM-Patch.msp|
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
Complete the following install steps as the ArcGIS License Manager Install owner. The Install owner is the owner of the arcgis folder.
ArcGIS 10.0 Service Pack 1 License Manager must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS License Manager installation location.
ArcGIS License Manager for Linux gis10sp1-lm-patch-linux.tar ArcGIS License Manager for Solaris gis10sp1-lm-patch-slrs.tar
- Stop the ArcGIS License Manager
using the License Server Administrator
Go to Start/Stop License Service, Click Stop, and close the License Server Administrator
- Extract the specified tar file by typing:
% tar -xvf gis10sp1-lm-patch-linux.tar (Linux)
% tar -xvf gis10sp1-lm-patch-slrs.tar (Sun Solaris)
- Start the installation by typing:
- Start the ArcGIS License Server Administrator:
Go to Start/Stop License Service, click Start, and close the License Server Administrator.
Check the ArcGIS Resource Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
April 26, 2011: Add install steps for stopping the License Manager to the Windows section.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download and extract the PatchFinder utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.