ArcGIS 10 Desktop File Menu Performance Patch
When opening the File menu, there is a significant delay in displaying the File menu when using an internet connection through some proxy servers.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 10 Desktop File Menu Performance Patch. This patch addresses delays encountered opening the File menu when connected to the internet using some proxy servers. The patch deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM057271 - File Menu ArcGIS Online objects within ArcMap do not respect proxy values. Any organization with traffic forced through a proxy will not be able to use the "Sign In...", "Add Data", or "ArcGIS Online..." objects. Affected clients may crash or hang when performing any operations associated with the File menu.
Description: Opening the File Menu causes a significant delay when connected through an internet proxy.
Windows <ArcGIS Product Installation Directory>\bin:
ArcGIS 10.0 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Download ArcGIS-DT-10-FileMenu-Patch.msp to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS Desktop ArcGIS-DT-10-FileMenu-Patch.msp
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Double-click ArcGIS-DT-10-FileMenu-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-DT-10-FileMenu-Patch.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
Check the ArcGIS Resource Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.