ArcGIS 9.3 SP1, 9.3.1 and 9.3.1 SP1 Desktop Feature Selection Symbol Scaling Patch
This patch addresses the issue with selection symbol scaling not respecting the reference scale by providing an optional way to enable the scaling.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 9.3 SP1, 9.3.1 and 9.3.1 SP1 Desktop Feature Selection Symbol Scaling Patch. This patch addresses the issue with selection symbol scaling not respecting the reference scale by providing an optional way to enable the scaling. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM037043 - When a feature is selected, and a reference scale is used, the selected point feature ignores the reference scale.
Description: This patch addresses the issue with selection symbol scaling not respecting the reference scale by providing an optional way to enable the scaling. Prior to ArcGIS 9.3, feature selections respected the reference scale when set in ArcGIS. This behavior was changed at ArcGIS 9.3 due to user demand and selection symbols no longer respected the reference scale. While this was a positive change for most ArcGIS users, this change disrupted some workflows that relied on the selection. This patch provides a registry key to enable the selection symbol to respect the reference scale. At ArcGIS 10, this option is exposed in the user interface and will be saved in map documents.
- Under the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin folder:
- ArcGIS 9.3 Service Pack 1, ArcGIS 9.3.1 or ArcGIS (Desktop, Engine, Server) 9.3.1 Service Pack 1 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Double-click the setup file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- To enable selection symbol scaling, create a new DWORD value named ScaleSelectionSymbol with a value of 1 at the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcMap\Settings\.
|ArcGIS 9.3 Service Pack 1||ArcGIS-93SP1-FSSS-Patch.EXE|
|ArcGIS 9.3.1 Service Pack 1||ArcGIS-931SP1-FSSS-Patch.EXE|
- If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this patch must be applied to all client installations.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 9.3 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 9.3 Enterprise Deployment.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder931.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.