ArcGIS Image Server 9.3.1 Service Pack 2
This Service Pack contains performance improvements and maintenance fixes. Please download and install this required Service Pack at your earliest convenience.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Service Pack
- Files Installed in this Service Pack
- Installing this Service Pack on Windows
- How to identify which Service Pack is installed
- Getting Help
A DVD of this Service Pack will be made available in the next several weeks
for users who experience difficulties downloading the Service Pack from the
web site. Simply fill out the Request
a Service Pack DVD order form.
We recommend that all ArcGIS 9.3.1 customers download and install this Service Pack, at their earliest convenience, to ensure the highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS Image Server 9.3.1.
NOTE: If you are using a localized version of ArcGIS, please contact your local distributor to get the updated language supplement.
- It is important to keep all versions of ArcGIS products installed on the same machine in sync to avoid any software conflicts.
- ArcGIS Image Server 9.3.1 or 9.3.1 Service Pack 1 must be installed before you can install Service Pack 2. Service Pack 2 is cumulative and contains the fixes from all previous 9.3.1 patches and Service Packs. If you have a previous patch or Service Pack installed, you may apply Service Pack 2 over it to update the required files.
- When installing the Service Editor, it must be installed on ArcGIS Desktop 9.3.1 Service Pack 1 and ArcGIS Image Server 9.3.1 Service Pack 1.
- If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS setup, this Service Pack must be applied to all client installations.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 9.3 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 9.3 Enterprise Deployment.
- If ArcGIS Server is installed and running a service containing an image service layer from ArcGIS Image Server, the ArcGIS Server service needs to be stopped before installing the Service Pack.
- You must stop any ArcGIS Image Server Service Providers or Servers before installing the Service Pack.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is accessing it.
- Download ArcGIS ImageServer931sp2.msp to a location other than the installation
ArcGIS Image Server ImageServer931sp2.msp 76 MB
- Double-click ImageServer931sp2.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Service Pack installation, you can start the Service Pack installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Service Pack]\ImageServer931sp2.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
Check the Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.