ArcLogistics 9.3 Service Pack 2
This Service Pack contains performance improvements, maintenance fixes, and minor new functionality. Please download and install this required Service Pack at your earliest convenience.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Service Pack
- Files Installed in this Service Pack
- Installing this Service Pack on Windows
- How to identify which Service Pack is installed
- Service Pack Updates
- Getting Help
A DVD of this Service Pack will be made available in the next several weeks
for users who experience difficulties downloading the Service Pack from the
We recommend that all ArcLogistics 9.3 customers download and install this Service Pack to ensure the highest quality experience when working with ArcLogistics 9.3.
ArcLogistics 9.3 Service Pack 2 contains critical fixes and new functionality. It is recommended that all users install this service pack.
NIM044901: Can’t import from Feature Classes using X/Y coordinates when they are projected in a different coordinate system than the map.
For a list of other fixes, improvements, and features please see the What’s New in ArcLogistics Service Packs. (PDF) document.
- This service pack installs ArcGIS Engine 9.3.1 files as well as ArcLogistics application files. If you currently have any ArcGIS 9.3 products installed, this will effectively upgrade them to 9.3.1 and may cause problems. You should update other ArcGIS applications to version 9.3.1 before installing this update. If you have no other ArcGIS products installed, you have no conflicts to worry about.
- The name of the patch is still 9.3 Service Pack 2 even though core ArcGIS Engine files will be upgraded to 9.3.1.
- It is important to keep all versions of ArcGIS products installed on the same machine in sync to avoid any software conflicts. For information about how to identify the versions of installed ESRI software, please see the ‘How to Identify which Service Pack is Installed’ section below.
- When you open your existing ArcLogistics projects for the first time after installing ArcLogistics 9.3 SP2, they will be upgraded and you will not be able to use these projects in the prior version (ArcLogistics 9.3 Final).
- Before opening your projects in SP2, you should back up your projects. For Windows XP, these are stored at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESRI\Projects by default (make a copy of the Projects folder). For Windows Vista and 7, the projects are at C:\ProgramData\ESRI\ArcLogistics\Projects.
- If you're using the ArcLogistics Spanish language pack, you'll need uninstall and then reinstall the language pack after installing ArcLogistics SP2.
- This service pack must be installed on ArcLogistics 9.3 Final or ArcLogistics 9.3.1 Service Pack 1.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcLogistics installation location, and that no one is accessing it.
- Download ArcLogistics93sp2.msp to a location other than the installation folder:
ArcLogistics93sp2.msp 142 MB
- Double-click ArcLogistics93sp2.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Service Pack installation, you can start the Service Pack installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of service pack]\ArcLogistics93sp2.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
NOTE: If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this Service Pack must be applied to all client installations.
NOTE: You will not be able to install this Service Pack directly from any removable media, you must copy the Service Pack Install file (MSP) locally or to a location on your network prior to installing the Service Pack.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder931.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
Check the Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Service Pack will be posted here.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.