ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP1 (Desktop) Cartographic Representations Patch
This patch addresses issues found with features symbolized with representations when changing SDE connections and exporting to PDF and EMF.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP1 (Desktop) Cartographic Representations Patch. This patch addresses issues found with features symbolized with representations when changing SDE connections and exporting to PDF and EMF and is highly recommended for anyone using representations to symbolize their features. This patch supersedes the ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP1 (Desktop) Cartographic Representations In A Versioned Environment Patch. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM054061 - Changing the data source of layer draw with a representation from an SDE connection as data owner to an SDE connection as non-data owner results in an unknown representation listed in the Table of Contents.
Description: When changing the data source for a layer symbolized by representations, the name of representation class being used for display can switch to unknown. This can happen when you change from an SDE connection where you are the owner of the underlying feature class to another connection where you are not the owner of the underlying feature class. This fix will maintain the name of representation class when a change in the data source is made.
- NIM054416 - Features in conflict do not draw in the Conflict Detection window if layer is drawn with representations and you are not the data owner.
Description: When you are not the owner of SDE data symbolized with representations, any conflicts you have after reconciling will not display in the conflict detection window. This fix will maintain the proper display of features when you are not the owner of the underlying feature class symbolized with representations.
- NIM054726 - EMF & PDF export of representation markers may result in distorted marker symbols.
Description: Feature layers symbolized with representation markers are displayed with decreased resolution both on screen and when printed and exported to EMF or PDF. As you zoom closer to an individual feature marker the resolution of the marker will steadily improve. This fix will provide expected results when printing and exporting, and improves the resolution of the representation markers on screen.
- NIM052587 - Representation class name information is lost when changing versions from Default to "child" version.
Description: When switching versions in an ArcMap session, the representation class information may not be restored. The representation class will be listed as unknown in the Table Of Contents of the map document. After changing versions in an ArcMap session, the Table Of Contents may still list the correct representation class and have no effect on the user experience, but upon closing the ArcMap session this information will be lost. The next ArcMap session which uses this map document will list the representation class as unknown.
- Under the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin folder:
ArcGIS 9.3.1 Service Pack 1 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Download ArcGIS-931SP1-Cartographic-Patch.EXE
to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-931SP1-Cartographic-Patch.EXE to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this patch must be applied to all client installations.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 9.3 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered.
ArcGIS 9.3 Enterprise Deployment.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
May 12, 2010 - This patch will be included in the next available Service Pack or Major Release.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder931.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.