ArcSDE 9.3.1 SP1 SQL Server Raster Catalog and Raster Field Patch
This patch addresses the raster catalog display and raster field identify problem for SQL Server following the install of 9.3.1 sp1.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI products connecting to ArcSDE (application server and direct connections)
ESRI® announces ArcSDE 9.3.1 SP1 SQL Server Raster Catalog and Raster Field Patch. This patch addresses the raster catalog display and raster field identify problem for SQL Server following the install of 9.3.1 sp1. We recommend that all who store raster catalogs or raster fields in ArcSDE for SQL Server download and install this Patch at their earliest convenience to ensure the highest quality experience when working with ArcSDE 9.3.1 Service Pack 1. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM052174 - Raster Catalogs and Feature Classes with raster fields stored in ArcSDE for SQL Server do not display after applying the 9.3.1 Service Pack 1.
Description: The pixel data of a raster catalog stored in ArcSDE for SQL Server 9.3.1 sp1 does not display. Performing an identify operation on a feature of a feature class that has a raster field stored in ArcSDE for SQL Server 9.3.1 sp1 will not return any results. If you use a direct connection from ArcGIS to an ArcSDE SQL Server instance, the problem will occur if Service Pack 1 has been applied to ArcGIS 9.3.1. If you connect to an ArcSDE for SQL Server application server, the problem will occur if you apply Service Pack 1 to ArcSDE for SQL Server 9.3.1.
Since this Patch replaces 9.3.1 Service Pack 1 files, you must have ArcSDE 9.3.1 Service Pack 1 installed before you can install this Patch.
- Install this Patch using an administrator account. Make sure you have write access to the ArcSDE installation folder, that no one is using ArcSDE.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcSDE installation location.
SQL Server 32 bit sde931sp1-RasterCatalogPatch-sql-win.EXE 2 MB SQL Server 64 bit SDE931sp1-RasterCatalogPatch-Sql-win64.msp 1 MB ArcSDE SDK 32 bit (C and Java) sde931sp1-RasterCatalogPatch-sdk-win.EXE 2 MB ArcSDE C SDK 64 bit SDE931sp1-RasterCatalogPatch-CAPI-win64.msp 1 MB ArcSDE Java SDK 64 bit SDE931sp1-RasterCatalogPatch-JavaSDK-win64.msp 1 MB
- Double-click the appropfiate setup to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- Server Only: As the ArcSDE administrative user, run the following command to restart the ArcSDE service:
c:\sdemon -o start
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Service Pack installation, you can run the Service Pack manually by using the following commands.
c:\msiexec.exe /p [location of service pack]\<setup>.msp
- If you connect to ArcSDE 9.3.1 Service Pack 1 using ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP1, ArcIMS 9.3.1 SP1, or ArcInfo
Workstation 9.3, please follow the steps below to install this Patch to your ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP1, ArcIMS 9.3.1SP1, or ArcInfo Workstation 9.3 installation folder:
- Before you start, make sure you have write access to the installation
folder, then download the zip file to that location:
sde931sp1-RasterCatalogPatch-esri-win.zip 1 MB
- ArcIMS only, stop the ArcIMS Tasker, ArcIMS Monitor, ArcIMS Application Server (in that order).
- Extract the new files from rastercatalogpatchname-esri-win.zip to the appropriate installation folder, see list below:
- ArcGIS Desktop, Server, Engine, Reader, or ArcView 9 - <installation-folder>\arcgis\bin
- ArcGIS Workstation - <installation-folder>\arcexe9x\bin
- Depending on the ArcIMS Setup features installed, the SDE client file could be located in one or more of the following locations:
- ArcIMS only, restart ArcIMS Application Server, ArcIMS Monitor and ArcIMS Tasker (in that order).
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To find out what products and which patches are currently installed on your machine, download
the PatchFinder931.exe utility
and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.