ArcGIS Server 9.2 SP6 Java Web ADF General Update Patch
This patch contains a number of editing related fixes. It's highly recommended that those using the Editing Task with the Java Web ADF install this patch.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS Server 9.2 SP6 Java Web ADF General Update Patch. This patch contains a number of fixes that improve the quality of the ArcGIS Server Java Web ADF and is recommended for all customers using the Java Web ADF at ArcGIS Server 9.2. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM012527 - Map tiles sometimes align incorrectly.
- NIM033707 - When running an ArcGIS Server or ArcIMS Web Application, the following error message is returned to the Sun One Web Server 7 error log file: "service-j2ee reports: PWC4011: Unable to set request character encoding to UTF-8 from context , because request parameters have already been read, or ServletRequest.getReader() has already been called".
- NIM036402 - Merge selected features” in editing task of ArcGIS Server JAVA web application, does not work for Oracle Spatial geometry type (SDO_GEOMETRY).
- NIM041654 - Editing Task does not show multiple domain values.
- NIM043710 - Snap tool in ArcGIS Server Java Web application does not clean up when edits are saved.
- NIM045117 - Concurrent editing by two users in a standard Java Web ADF editing task produces an error message and does not get saved.
- NIM047578 - The Editing Task in Java Manager always modifies the value of the 'DATE' field to current year 200x even if the former value was 180x or 190x.
Solaris / Linux:
Since this Patch replaces 9.2 Service Pack 6 files, you must have ArcGIS 9.2 Service Pack 6 installed before you can install this Patch. For the same reason, you shouldn't install it while anyone is using ArcGIS.
Download the appropriate file to a location other than the installation location:
Installing this patch on Windows
- Before you start, make sure you have write access to the ArcGIS installation location folder.
- Open the Services Management Console > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Stop the ArcGIS Server Object Manager and ArcGIS Server Manager services.
- Double-click gis92sp6-server-gup.exe to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your computer screen.
- Open the Services Management Console > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Start the ArcGIS Server Object Manager and ArcGIS Server Manager services.
Installing this patch on Sun Solaris, SUSE Linux and Red Hat Linux (Intel)
Run the following install steps as the ArcGISEngine or ArcGISServer Install owner, (NOT super user). The Install owner is the owner of the arcgis folder. For ArcGIS Server, make sure no one is using ArcGIS Server during the install.
- Stop the ArcGIS server by typing:
- Extract the specified tar file by typing:
% tar -xvf gis92sp6-server-gup-patch-linux.tar (Linux)
% tar -xvf gis92sp6-server-gup-patch-slrs.tar (Sun Solaris)
- Start the installation by typing:
- Start the ArcGIS Server by typing:
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder931.exe utility and run it from your local machine.Sun Solaris, SUSE Linux and Red Hat Linux (Intel)
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download and extract the PatchFinder utility from PatchFinder.tar and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.