ArcGIS Mobile Server and client SDK Patch for ArcGIS 9.2 Server for the Microsoft .NET Framework
This is a cumulative patch that will improve the mobile server stability and performance and includes a series of fixes to the ArcGIS Mobile client SDK.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS Mobile Server and client SDK Patch for ArcGIS 9.2 Server for the Microsoft .NET Framework Patch. This cumulative patch will improve the stability and performance of the Server when extracting and synchronizing data using the ArcGIS Mobile SDK and provide additional logging capabilities that will help you in profiling the server. This patch also includes a number of additional fixes to the ArcGIS Mobile client SDK that will improve client-side memory consumption and synchronization. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM013582 - When running a mobile application that is continuously sending requests to get and/or post data to and from the server, client applications may receive a 404 Not Found error from the server.
- NIM037395 - Difference in results when querying layers in ArcMap vs ArcGIS Mobile.
- NIM037426 - Inconsistent results are returned when retrieving feature data based using an envelope is then followed with an attribute query.
- NIM037929 - When retrieving data from the server and clipping geometry is required, the Server may not free memory and can eventually result in a 404 error or the server will freeze.
- NIM039524 - Unable to synchronize updates from ArcGIS Mobile if "SDE_LOGFILE_DATA" table does not exist.
- NIM041236 - Feature geometry was inserted incorrectly when editing mobile attribute table with map projection different from featureclass's projection.
- NIM042362 - With ArcGIS Mobile and ArcSDE, when inserting large blobs into Oracle and SQLServer Express, the insert always fails at 8192 bytes.
- NIM042983 - Provide more information in the server log.
- NIM044774 - Memory is consumed but not returned with successive calls to GetDataAsync for different envelopes.
- Under ArcGIS\bin:
- Under Server\DotNET:
ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.dll & ESRIMobile92.dll
- Under Server\DotNET\WindowsCE:
ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.dll & ESRIMobile92CE.dll
ArcGIS 9.2 Service Pack 6 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Download ArcGIS-92sp6-Mobile-SC-Patch.EXE to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-92sp6-Mobile-SC-Patch.EXE to start the install process. The Setup automatically detects the ArcGIS products you have installed (Desktop, Engine or Server) on your machine and executes the appropriate patch or patches accordingly.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS setup, this patch must be applied to all client installations.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 9.3 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 9.3 Enterprise Deployment.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To find out what products and which patches are currently installed on your machine, download
the PatchFinder931.exe utility
and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.