ArcGIS Business Analyst 9.3 Service Pack 2 - for 2008 Data
ESRI is pleased to announce the release of ArcGIS Business Analyst 9.3 Service Pack 2. This update contains performance improvements and maintenance fixes for those who have installed Business Analyst 9.3 with 2008 Data, also known as Build 9.3.050. All fixes included in Business Analyst 9.3 Service Pack 1, also known as Build 22.214.171.124 are cumulative in this service pack.Description
You can install the service pack in one of two ways: either by automatic update, or by downloading the service pack install file locally.
Note: ArcGIS 9.3 Service Pack 1 is required to install Business Analyst 9.3 Service Pack 2. Install ArcGIS 9.3 Service Pack 1 from the following location:
Note: Hotfix patches made available prior to the release of Business Analyst 9.3 Service Pack 1 are included in Business Analyst 9.3 Service Pack 2. It is no longer relevant to install these files individually.
Note: If you are applying the Business Analyst service pack using the automatic update method and have ArcGIS Server installed on your machine you must first stop the ArcGIS Server Object Manager (SOM) service. After applying the service pack you can restart the service. You can find this at Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Installing the msp file stops and restarts the SOM without user interaction.
To Install the Business Analyst Service Pack using the Automatic Update feature
- You must have access to the Internet and have ArcMap and ArcCatalog closed.
- Proceed to Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > Business Analyst > Check for Business Analyst Updates, and follow the on screen instructions.
You can click the Help button on the Check for Business Analyst Updates dialog for detailed information about Business Analyst service packs.
To Manually Install the Downloaded Service Pack
This is designed for users who are unable to access the update via the automatic update utility in Business Analyst due to local security protocols.
- You must have ArcMap and ArcCatalog closed.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is accessing it.
- Download BA93SP2.msp to a location other than the installation folder.
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process and follow the on screen instructions.
- You can verify the patch version from the Preferences of Business Analyst. From the Business Analyst drop-down menu select Preferences and then select the General tab, and at the bottom of this tab you will see the current version (Build #126.96.36.199).
April 15, 2009: Service pack (build 188.8.131.52) available
Resolved Issues (update build #184.108.40.206):
- NIM042412 Spatial Overlay and Market Profile report not correctly reporting 2008/2013 Median Value: OOHUs on census tract 39061000301
- NIM042412: Site Prospecting error - by address for Drive Times - all reports
- CQ38856: Blank Segmentation Study - include existing segmentation reports under "Existing Reports" menu
- CQ52398: Create profile by area summation - change text for two fields and related help file
- CQ54736: Study Area name is not retained if you click back and then next
- CQ57071: Segmentation Wizard - Batch Task - task name field - exclamation mark getting chopped off
- CQ60452: Study Area Wizard - Manage Context Options - properties comment field needs a vertical scroll bar
- CQ60668: Market Potential Report GP tool - duplicate analysis in TOC
- CQ75892: Custom Reports: Reworking of Advanced Editor index calc. dialog
- CQ78277: US.BDS.ZIPCodes appear in the Advanced Tolerance Settings - Data layer instead of ZIP Codes
- CQ91936: Add Business Listings: incorrect "No Businesses Found" message when output layer consists of only one feature
- CQ92296: Add Business Listings: pre-entered SIC Code Appears at NAICS Code Page
- CQ92345: Segmentation Study Wizard - Comments field at end of wizard needs a vertical scroll bar when contents exceed field size
- CQ96150: Add long descriptions support to BDS API
- CQ96329: Customer Prospecting: Std.Avg. values calculation is wrong (integer round-up)
- CQ96376: Segmentation Module - Create Profiles, Create a geographic profile - incorrect message
- CQ98956: We need an ability to turn on and off the Segmentation reports
- CQ98961: Names for Game Plan Chart Quadrants should be moved to dataset XML
- CQ99056: Reports: Executive Summary Reports: % difference with BA Desktop
- CQ99854: Reports - Comprehensive - Incorrect Value
- CQ100563: Standard Levels of Geography - ZIP found using “Select from the map” but not using “Select from the geography tree”
- CQ108480: Segmentation – “Create target group from chart” errors
- CQ108126: Drive Time Speed Settings don’t work
- CQ107294: Custom Reports: Formatting not holding for running totals
- CQ107163: Grids – Error when using block point data for the symbolization field
- CQ107074: Map Series Report error when no export settings in registry
- CQ107073: Segmentation Study: Segmentation Report created with GP Tool is not shown in the list of existing reports
- CQ107035: Segmentation - Customer Demographic Profile Report error
- CQ106831: BA SP2 Install – “ArcGIS SP1 isn’t installed” link leads to “page cannot be displayed”
- CQ106455: GP Tools - Reports - Customer Demographic Comparison Report error
- CQ106250: BA Preferences settings dialog allows selection of BlockApportion method even if chosen hierarchy doesn't have blocks layer
- CQ106181: Report Wizard typo – “Multi-Area” misspelled as “Multy-Area”
- CQ105965: Poor quality of the map images in the Measure Cannibalization Report
- CQ105881: Running Find Similar using Customer Prospecting output causes error
- CQ105812: Analysis Wizard - Use Saved Variable List - fields of the reports - "Age" results in incorrect field selections
- CQ105770: Advanced Editor - Custom calculation fields entered in the "Value #1" fields "Store Report" template are not automatically filling in the Value 2 and 3 fields as they do for standard fields
- CQ105769: Advanced Editor - error trying to create custom report with "Store Report" template
- CQ105765: Advanced Editor - error encountered while trying to use most of the standard report templates to create a custom report
- CQ105679: Business Analyst Excel macro related message needs to be updated to additionally reflect Excel 2007
- CQ105604: NationalBase database isn't used but is BA still requires it
- CQ105575: Huff Model Calibration Report – title field needs to be widened
- CQ105568: Modeling Wizard - Original Huff Model output layer attributes table does not include ID field
- CQ105534: Huff Model Calibration Report misspelling
- CQ105373: Modeling Wizard – Change “Create Modeling Analysis” to “Create New Modeling Analysis”
- CQ105343: Executive Summary Report – change select fields in paragraphs from 1 to 2 decimal places
- CQ105339: Executive Summary Report – 2000 annual rate of change field is incorrect
- CQ105334: Market Profile Report - footer is missing copyright, phone, web address, date, and page number
- CQ105302: Exception in measure Cannibalization if no overlapping areas are found
- CQ105176: Weighted average calculations work incorrectly in demographic calculations
- CQ105140: Replace BA93SP2 Help files (.chm, .hlp) with updated versions
- CQ105003: Manage Existing Customer Layer(s) – Error when selecting multiple layers and a selection highlighting issue
- CQ104998: Customer Setup - "Modify Customer Layer" function results in create a new layer when it should just modify the existing layer
- CQ104891: Store/Customer Setup - "Enter stores' addresses"/"Enter customers' addresses" error
- CQ104886: Projection issue while In edit Mode
- CQ104778: Segmentation Reports Localization - trying to run reports edited out of the dataset XML produces "Invalid Tool - Unable to execute the selected tool" error
- CQ104056: DemoCalc: DemoCalc works with case-sensitive parameters in threshold settings, that is, “ZIP5” and “Zip5” are different values
- CQ103906: Change “US.BDS.ZIPCodes” to “US.BDS.Zip5” for DemoCalc Settings in Registry
- CQ103874: Running consecutive reports for large rings results in error
- CQ103468: Analysis Layer Setup doesn't work when non-dbf table is joined
- CQ103333: Standard Levels of Geography – “Select from the map” for ZIP – Search By Name not finding all features as expected
- CQ103164: Jump to Location option is missing
- CQ103139: Standard Levels of Geography error – dataset is corrupted
- CQ103138: Study Area Error - the specified index is out of range
- CQ102824: Batch Tasks – renaming to include a space in the name makes batch item disappear
- CQ102560: Custom BDS Layer created in BA 9.1 shows incorrect field alias when added to current version of BA
- CQ102533: Different count of CBSAs comparing “CBSAs” attributes table versus Standard Levels of Geography list
- CQ102531: Standard Levels of Geography – “Select from the geography tree” selection bug
- CQ101133: Custom Reports fail to create a new custom report when a custom variable is added to the report template
- CQ63019: BACanada: Add default Total Market Count value to Canada Dataset
- CQ74289: BACanada: After starting BA Canada for the first time two Segmentation directories are inappropriately created
- CQ94391: BACanada: Extensions descriptions reference US Data when only BA Canada is installed
- CQ97002: BACanada: Dominant segment code field should be calculated for Canada dataset