ArcGIS 9.2 Select By Location with multiple inputs Patch
This patch solves the issue introduced at 9.2 service pack 4 with the Select By Location dialog. The issue is that when multiple layers are checked in the “the following layer(s):” box, only one of the layers is acted upon (receives a selection).Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 9.2 Select By Location with multiple inputs Patch. This patch solves the issue introduced at 9.2 service pack 4 with the Select By Location dialog. The issue is that when multiple layers are checked in the “the following layer(s):” box, only one of the layers is acted upon (receives a selection). It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues
Addressed with this Patch.
NIM013326 - Select By Location does not select multiple input layers in ArcGIS 9.2 Service Pack 4.
The Select By Location dialog’s multiple inputs (or target) layers functionality does not work at ArcGIS 9.2 Service Pack 4. The issue is addressed by this patch.
- Under the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin folder:
ArcGIS Desktop 9.2 Service Pack 4 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS Desktop installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS Desktop.
- Download ArcGIS-92sp4-SBL-Patch.exe to a location other than your ArcGIS Desktop installation location.
- Double-click the setup file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
NOTE: If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS
Desktop setup, this Patch must be applied to all client installations.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To check for the presence of a Patch, for each file examine the File version information (right click, properties, version tab). With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a Patch distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. The File version for this Patch should read:
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.