ArcGIS Server 9.2 patch for machine names longer than fifteen characters (Solaris and Linux only)
This patch solves a Sun Solaris & Linux platform specific problem where ArcGIS Server machine names longer than fifteen characters cause the server (arcsom.exe) to crash.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch
- Patch Updates
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS Server 9.2 (Solaris/Linux specific) patch for hostnames longer than fifteen characters. In this scenario, logging into the ArcGIS Server Manager on a machine with a name longer than fifteen characters will cause the server (arcsom.exe) to crash.
NIM010296 - For ArcGIS Server running on a machine with a name longer than 15 characters, ArcSOM.exe crashes after the user tries to log into ArcGIS Server Manager or connect to ArcGIS Server in ArcCatalog through a local connection.
- Under /arcgis/servercore/mwcore/mw/lib-sunos5_optimized:
- Under /arcgis/servercore/vmw/mw/lib-sunos5_optimized:
- Under /arcgis/servercore/mwcore/mw/lib-linux_optimized:
- Under /arcgis/servercore/vmw/mw/lib-linux_optimized:
- Download installpatch.sh to a location on your local system where ArcGIS Server is installed.
- As ArcGIS Server owner, i.e. the user owning ArcGIS Server install directory, stop ArcGIS server by running:
%<ArcGIS Server installation directory>/arcgis/scripts/stopserver
- As superuser (root), navigate to where the downloaded file is and run:
% /bin/sh installpatch.sh
- As ArcGIS Server owner, i.e. the user owning ArcGIS Server install directory, start ArcGIS server by running:
%<ArcGIS Server installation directory>/arcgis/scripts/startserver
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.