ArcGIS Desktop 9.0 RPF Military Raster Format and Memory Management Patch
This Patch solves a memory leak when loading RPF raster datasets into ArcSDE, and it also addresses a display issue when working with several RPF datasets at one time.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS Desktop 9.0 RPF Military Raster Format and Memory
Management Patch. This Patch solves a memory leak when loading RPF raster datasets
into ArcSDE, and it also addresses a display issue when working with several
RPF datasets at one time. It deals specifically with the issues listed below
under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
We recommend that all ArcGIS Desktop 9.0 customers, who work with many RPF datasets at one time, download and install this Patch at their earliest convenience to ensure the highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS Desktop 9.0.
CQ00257155 - Memory leak when looping through all rasters in Enumdataset (plus
several open RPFs).
The main issues are:
- Loading many RPF raster datasets to ArcSDE will result in the compounding
of a small memory leak, which may eventually cause the load to fail. This
patch eliminates the memory leak thereby allowing tens of thousands of RPF
raster datasets to be loaded into ArcSDE from each ArcGIS Desktop session.
- Also, due to a limitation of the number of RPF datasets that can be opened at any one time within ArcMap, certain RPF datasets will repeat throughout the display or do not appear at all. This problematic display can happen when using many RPF datasets at one time (either as individual raster dataset layers or within a raster catalog).
- Under the C:\Program Files\Common Files\ESRI\Raster\usr\lib\NTx86\RasterFormats
ArcGIS Desktop 9.0 Service Pack 3 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS Desktop installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS Desktop.
- Download ArcGIS-90-RPF-Patch.exe to
a location other than your ArcGIS Desktop installation location.
- Double-click the setup file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
NOTE: If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS
Desktop setup, this Patch must be applied to all client installations.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To check for the presence of a Patch, for each file examine the unique identification information provided (right click, properties, version tab, item name, QFE Version). With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a Patch distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. The identification string for this Patch should read:
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.