|Submitted||Jan 20, 2018|
|Modified||Jun 11, 2020|
|Applies To||ArcGIS Online|
When using widgets that create an output the application should offer an option for the user to sign in so they can save the results to their ArcGIS Online content.
User has a public Web AppBuilder application that is used frequently by anonymous users. These end users may very well have their own ArcGIS Online organizations and accounts. They might want to use the output created from some of the widgets in their own organization. Adding the option to sign in when there are widgets that create an output would let them save the results directly to their own content.
As it stands right now they might have to download the result > log into their ArcGIS Online account > publish the file as a hosted feature layer. Why not create an option to sign in and cut out all the middle work.
When viewing a Web Appbuilder application there is no option to Sign In. Due to this if the widgets are used to generate output, the outputs can't be saved to the Organization.
If a Sign In option is added to the AppViewer page the user will be able to sign in to their Organization directly, use the widgets, generate the outputs and also get the options to save the outputs to their Organization along with the other formats to save the outputs.
Currently the workaround is to enter their own Organizational Short URL replacing it with the original application Short URL. Workaround Video Link - https://www.screencast.com/t/mo6TvlU44GI
Steps to Demonstrate:
- Open the Item Details page of the Application - https://epa.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ada349b90c26496ea52aab66a092593b
- Click on Sign In and Sign In using own Organizational credentials
- Sign In page takes to the Organization page and not the Application page. Video Link for Bug - https://www.screencast.com/t/Bxdi7kvu
- Go back to the Item Details page of the Application and click on View Application tab.
- It takes to the Application but currently its not signed in to any organization.
- It will generate the output and can be saved in different formats but not to My Contents.
- If the Sign In option is given for the Application the outputs generated can be saved to My Contents directly, irrespective of the Organization.