|Submitted||Aug 22, 2017|
|Modified||Jun 11, 2020|
|Applies To||ArcGIS Online|
|Server Platform||Windows 10.0 64 Bit|
|Client Platform||Windows 10.0 64 Bit|
Using Infographic widget in ArcGIS Web AppBuilder, when selecting infographic chart, corresponding data on the map is highlighted with a transparent white fill and cyan outline. The underlying map layer symbology disappears thus it can be visually confusing for the user. Additionally, the chart colors do not correspond with the map layer symbology.
The user has created a web map with infographics showing various land parcel statuses. Users should be able to look at the map and have a good picture of land status and quantities. Currently using the out-of-the-box Web AppBuilder, the chart colors do not correspond with the map layer symbology. When selecting the chart elements the corresponding map data is highlighted but the underlying map symbology for the highlighted data disappears. These two limitations make the map visually confusing . You will notice that the chart widget allows the user to configure the highlight color fill and outline.
Steps to Demonstrate:
- Add a polygon web service to ArcGIS Online as a web map.
- Classify the data by a category using one of the data fields. Example: map of US counties classified by state.
- Share the map and create a Web AppBuilder application.
- Add a widget and select the Infographic widget.
- Select pie chart,
- Select layer for the chart
- Click No data chart element
- Change Display mode to Display values by category
- Select Category field and Value field
- Select Display - notice there is no option to change the highlight (selected) color fill/outline
- Chart Color - no option to match layer symbology or choose color by values
- Select Ok
- Open the Infographic widget on the map
- Select a wedge in the pie chart - notice that the highlighted features are selected on map with transparent white fill and cyan outline