|Submitted||Jul 20, 2017|
|Modified||Jun 11, 2020|
|Applies To||ArcGIS Online|
|Server Platform||Windows 2012 R2|
|Client Platform||Windows 2012 R2|
Allow Smart Editor widget to edit related records
1. Provide the appropriate/comparable step by step workflow to help illustrate the request.
- In ArcGIS Online create a Web Appbuilder Application and configure a Web Map consisting of a Feature Service with related records
- Add the Smart Editor Widget in the Application
- The Smart Editor Widget allows editing the features and its attribute information but does not let you edit related records
Users have to use two different editing widget in their Web Appbuilder application as the smart editor widget is not enough for complete editing requirement. They have to use the smart editor widget for editing the features and attributes and have to use Edit widget for editing related records. If Smart Editor Widget is enabled to allow related records user can avoid using two editing widget and just achieve the goal using one single widget.
3. What are the benefits or changes that would result from the enhancement? (i.e. How does making this change help the customer's workflow or business?)
If Smart Editor Widget allows editing of related records then users can use just one editing widget in their Web Appbuilder application instead of the current situation where they use the smart editor widget for editing features and attributes and have to use edit widget additionally to be able to edit related records.