|Submitted||Jul 14, 2017|
|Modified||Jul 25, 2018|
|Applies To||ArcGIS Online|
|Server Platform||Windows 10.0 64 Bit|
|Client Platform||Windows 10.0 64 Bit|
Add some explanatory text on the information side about the 'set refresh interval' option in Web AppBuilder that you have to activate refresh interval for the layers in the web map first.
1. Provide the appropriate/comparable step by step workflow to help illustrate the request.
- Create a web map with few hosted feature layer.
- Share it as a Web AppBuilder app and navigate to Choose web map > Set refresh interval option.
- If you have the refresh interval for the layers activated in the web map then from within Web AppBuilder's 'Set refresh interval' option > You can choose 'Honor each layer's interval' to see the same refresh intervals of the layers within the web app as well.
- If you have the refresh interval for the layers activated in the web map then from within Web AppBuilder's 'Set refresh interval' option > You can also choose 'Use a single interval for all non-static layers' to set a common interval time which would refresh all the layers with that common interval in the web app in-spite of their individual interval times set within the web map.
- However the second option doesn't work if the refresh interval for the layers in the web map is not activated and hence this information needs to be there beside the options to aware the users that it doesn't activates the refresh intervals for the layers but simply overwrites them with a common interval value.
2. What is the problem feature X is trying to solve? (i.e. What is the problem/limitation/design choice that is preventing the customer from moving forward?)
'Use a single interval for all non-static layers' doesn't clearly indicate that the refresh interval for the layers needs to be activated first for it to function and since it provides an option to set a interval time it misleads users that this option will straightaway activates the refresh interval on all the layers in the map which is not true. This option simply overrules the refresh intervals of the layers with a single common value.
3. What are the benefits or changes that would result from the enhancement? (i.e. How does making this change help the customer's workflow or business?)
This would help educate the users that the 'set refresh interval' option of Web AppBuilder doesn't activate the refresh interval for the layers but rather it's an extension to provide support for the refresh interval functionality from the web map to the web app.