|Submitted||Apr 28, 2017|
|Modified||Jul 25, 2018|
|Applies To||ArcGIS Online|
Add the ability to add legends into line graphs made with the chart widget in Web App Builder.
1. Provide the appropriate/comparable step by step workflow to help illustrate the request.
- Add Chart Widget into a new WebApp Builder.
- Use Widget to generate a new line graph with multiple different data lines.
- Observe lines. It is difficult to tell what the lines represent without mousing over data points on the lines.
- This is where we would hopefully add a legend to differentiate the line colors based on the features they represent.
2. What is the problem feature X is trying to solve? (i.e. What is the problem/limitation/design choice that is preventing the customer from moving forward?)
- Difficulties in differentiating data lines within a single graph when attempting to present results to customers/clients.
3. What are the benefits or changes that would result from the enhancement? (i.e. How does making this change help the customer's workflow or business?)
- This added functionality would improve ease of result reporting for presentations and web app sharing, lowering potential confusion in non-savvy end users who must observe the chart data.