|Submitted||Nov 16, 2016|
|Modified||Jul 25, 2018|
|Applies To||ArcGIS Online|
Allow configuring the 'Filter' widget using 'no date' and 'today's date'
1. Provide the appropriate/comparable step by step workflow to help illustrate the request.
- Create a web map containing a layer with a date field
- Create a Web AppBuilder
- Add the Filter widget
- Configure the widget: Select the feature layer. Add a filter expression on the date field. And Prompt to 'Ask for values'
- Save and launch the web app
web app item details URL: http://ess.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=9faf0c0fb9724e54a8317074ef531833
Hosted feature layer item details URL: http://ess.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=722f753dc82b493491d4a2bd2ab40ed9
2. What is the problem feature X is trying to solve? (i.e. What is the problem/limitation/design choice that is preventing the customer from moving forward?)
The customer does not want to configure the widget with a default date, since it is the user who needs to decide what date to use in the filter. He also wants to be able to define 'today's date' as default date, so that every day the date gets updated on the widget.
3. What are the benefits or changes that would result from the enhancement? (i.e. How does making this change help the customer's workflow or business?)
The requested enhancement will give the user more control on the results provided by the widget. Many companies update their hosted feature layers daily, and they would like the 'Filter' widget to show only today's updates automatically without having to change the date on the Filter widget everyday.