|Submitted||Nov 09, 2016|
|Modified||Jul 25, 2018|
|Applies To||ArcGIS Online|
|Server Platform||Windows 7.0 64 Bit|
|Client Platform||Windows 7.0 64 Bit|
Clarify that the copy and save workflow that can be performed in map viewer does not create a new hosted feature service
1. Provide the appropriate/comparable step by step workflow to help illustrate the request.
- Open a hosted feature service in map viewer.
- Click on more options > copy
- On the newly created layer click on more options > save
- Edit any of the two layers
- The edits will be shown on both layers since both layers reference the same data.
- This behavior should be mentioned in the documentation:
2. What is the problem feature X is trying to solve? (i.e. What is the problem/limitation/design choice that is preventing the customer from moving forward?)
The documentation should explain that any modifications made to the features of the original hosted feature layer will be shown in the copies, since the copies reference the data (and vice versa), and also make clear that the copies are just a visual change and not a real copy.
3. What are the benefits or changes that would result from the enhancement? (i.e. How does making this change help the customer's workflow or business?)
Clear documentation avoids frustration on users and saves them time.