|Submitted||Oct 18, 2016|
|Modified||Jul 25, 2018|
|Applies To||ArcGIS Online|
Allow Share widget in Web AppBuilder in ArcGIS Online to include the organization's URL even for a public application.
1. Provide the appropriate/comparable step by step workflow to help illustrate the request.
- Create a Web AppBuilder in ArcGIS Online and share it with organization only.
- Add Share widget > open the widget > click on Link Options.
- The link begins with http://<NAME>.maps.arcgis.com.
- Share the application to public > repeat steps 2 and 3 > notice the link begins with http://www.arcgis.com.
- Video: http://www.screencast.com/t/I0G2jIoLo4TZ
- Organization's URL is not preserved in the publicly shared Web AppBuilder and currently there is no options to change it.
- Short link that directs to a WAB with full organization's URL is at the moment not possible (unless they use 3rd party website such as bit.ly).
3. What are the benefits or changes that would result from the enhancement? (i.e. How does making this change help the customer's workflow or business?)
- Able to get a short URL for a public Web AppBulder, and at the same time keep the organization's URL in the link.
- People will be able to know at least the AGOL organization that created the application based on the link that includes the organization's URL.