|Submitted||Sep 29, 2016|
|Modified||Jul 25, 2018|
|Applies To||ArcGIS Online|
|Server Platform||Windows 10.0|
|Client Platform||Windows 10.0|
Ability to create folders within ArcGIS Online groups so shared items can be easily organized.
1. Provide the appropriate/comparable step by step workflow to help illustrate the request.
Users would like to share web maps, feature layers and other features to a group. But sharing it will list all of the shared items together. Users would like to have the capability of creating folders within a group and organize the shared items in folders.
2. What is the problem feature X is trying to solve? (i.e. What is the problem/limitation/design choice that is preventing the customer from moving forward?)
At present the problem is items shared are not well organized especially when the number of shared items increase greatly. Users find it difficult to search for any items when they do not know the item's name or keyword to search.
3. What are the benefits or changes that would result from the enhancement? (i.e. How does making this change help the customer's workflow or business?)
- Items shared can be easily organized.
- Items shared can be easily indexed by users.
- Users will save time in looking for items when items are organized.
- Eliminate the use of the search engine to look for items within the group.