|Submitted||May 10, 2016|
|Modified||May 03, 2019|
|Applies To||ArcGIS Online|
|Server Platform||Apple OSX 10.9|
|Client Platform||Apple OSX 10.9|
Provide functionality to join features, including analysis output layers, based on a spatial relationship.
1. Provide the appropriate/comparable step by step workflow to help illustrate the request.
1. Open the AGOL map view with two layers that a spatial query can be performed on. For example, points and polygons where we look to find the points that intersect. A sample service is provided here: http://ess.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=fcaad39bff2c4ca99aaf9c799271269f
2. Perform Find Existing Locations on the stores layer with the query "Stores intersects Polygons"
3. Look at resulting output and notice that only the original stores attributes are present in the output and no polygon attributes.
2. What is the problem feature X is trying to solve? (i.e. What is the problem/limitation/design choice that is preventing the customer from moving forward?)
There are cases where one would need to know what feature intersected with the target (layer 1) in this tool. For example, while I am able to extract the intersecting stores with my polgyons, I also want to know which store intersects which polygon and therefore need the polygon attributes as well.
3. What are the benefits or changes that would result from the enhancement? (i.e. How does making this change help the customer's workflow or business?)
This would be extremely helpful as the only workaround is to use ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro which is not available to all customers. Otherwise they have to manually decipher which feature intersected the join feature which could potentially be thousands of features.
4. How critical is the enhancement to the organization?
5. How do you believe this enhancement may benefit other organizations?
A spatial join is very widely used too in ArcGIS Desktop and used regularly by our customers. Having this functionality in AGOL would greatly enhance their analysis capabilities in the online platform.