Error: Scene Layer has an incompatible vertical coordinate system. The height model (ellipsoidal) must match that of the scene (gravity-related-height)
Attempts to add a scene layer to a scene in ArcGIS Online Scene Viewer fail, and the following error is returned:
Error: <Layer_Name> - <Layer_Name> cannot be added Scene Layer has an incompatible vertical coordinate system. The height model (ellipsoidal) must match that of the scene (gravity-related-height).
This is an expected behavior when an unsupported Z coordinate system is used to create the feature. This error can be related to the following warning when publishing the feature layer to ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro: 24090: Ellipsoidal vertical coordinate systems may draw incorrectly.
Solution or Workaround
Change the coordinate system of the scene in ArcGIS Pro before publishing to ArcGIS Online.
- In ArcGIS Pro, right-click the scene layer and select Properties.
- Click Coordinate Systems and click Current Z.
- Under Z Coordinate Systems Available, change the coordinate system to <None> or to a supported coordinate system. There are two supported vertical coordinate systems: ellipsoidal and gravity-based system, for example, EGM2008 or EGM1996.
- Share the feature as a web layer. Refer to ArcGIS Pro: Share a web feature layer for more information.
Note: When clicking Analyze before publishing, ensure the 24090 warning is not returned.
- ArcGIS Online: Style 3D object layers
- ArcGIS Online: Scene layers
- ArcGIS Pro: Specify a coordinate system
Last Published: 12/6/2022
Article ID: 000028883
Software: ArcGIS Online Current ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3, 3.0.2, 3.0.1, 3.0, 2.9.5, 2.9.4, 2.9.3, 2.9.2, 2.9.1, 2.9, 2.8.8, 2.8.7, 2.8.6, 2.8.5, 2.8.4, 2.8.3, 2.8.2, 2.8.1, 2.8, 2.7.7, 2.7.6, 2.7.5, 2.7.4, 2.7.3, 2.7.2, 2.7.1, 2.7