Problem: ArcGIS Desktop crashes when using the Align Edge tool
ArcGIS Desktop crashes when using the Align Edge tool in topology editing. This occurs when aligning a topology edge in the map and clicking save afterward with no error messages appearing.
This issue may occur due to limited space on the server or local disk.
Solution or Workaround
Clear the cache
Clearing the memory cache of a project or a layer helps to free up disk space. Follow the options provided below to clear the cache.
- Clear the cache of ArcGIS Pro project.
- Open the project in ArcGIS Pro.
- Navigate to Project > Options.
- In the Options window, under the Application section, click Display.
- Click the Clear Cache Now button, and click OK. The ArcGIS Pro project is closed and reopened for the effect to take place.
- Clear the cache for a selected layer in ArcGIS Pro. Refer to ArcGIS Pro: Cache with feature layers for more information.
- Clear the display cache in ArcMap. Refer to ArcMap: Managing your local display cache for more information.
Turn off the layers not required for editing while using the Align Edge tool
To turn off the unnecessary layers, navigate to the Contents pane in ArcGIS Pro or navigate to the Table of Contents pane in ArcMap, and uncheck the check box next to the layer's name.
For ArcMap, use classic snapping to avoid selecting all layers at once to save more disk space. Refer to ArcMap: Enabling snapping (classic snapping) for more information.
- ArcGIS Pro: Contents pane
- ArcGIS Pro: How caching works
- ArcGIS Pro: Align a topology edge
- ArcGIS Pro: Clear Workspace Cache (Data Management)
Last Published: 9/27/2022
Article ID: 000027393
Software: ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2, 3.0.1, 3.0, 2.9.4, 2.9.3, 2.9.2, 2.9.1, 2.9, 2.8.7, 2.8.6, 2.8.5, 2.8.4, 2.8.3, 2.8.2, 2.8.1, 2.8, 2.7.7, 2.7.6, 2.7.5, 2.7.4, 2.7.3, 2.7.2, 2.7.1, 2.7