How To: Recreate a new publishing tool from an existing JSON script
In some instances, the server publishing tools becomes corrupted due to unknown reasons. The publishing tools must be recreated for the server to continue working as intended. Using an administrator account, the publishing tools service can be recreated through the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory by copying the existing JSON script of the current publishing tool. The following article describes the workflow on how to do so.
- Stop the ArcGIS Server services. Refer to ArcGIS Server: Start and stop services for instructions.
- Log in to the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory with an administrator account, and click services.
- In the ArcGIS Server Administrative Directory window, under Folders, click System.
- On the Folder - System page, under Services, click PublishingTools (GPServer).
- On the Service - PublishingTools (GPServer) page, under Supported Operations, click edit.
- On the Edit GPServer page, in the Service (in JSON format) text box, copy the JSON script and paste it in a text editor, for example, Notepad.
- Return to the Service - PublishingTools (GPServer) page, under Supported Operations, click delete.
- Return to the Folder - System page, under Supported Operations, click createService.
- On the Create Service page, paste the JSON script copied in Step 6 into the Service (in JSON format) text box. Click Create.
- Start the ArcGIS Server services. Refer to ArcGIS Server: Start and stop services for instructions.
- ArcGIS Server: Approaches to publishing services
- ArcGIS Server: Access the Administrator Directory on a federated server
- ArcGIS Server: Introduction to the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory
- Error: Service 'system/<service_name>.gpserver' is required and cannot be deleted
Last Published: 9/14/2022
Article ID: 000024943
Software: ArcGIS Server 10.9.1, 10.9, 10.8.1, 10.8, 10.7.1, 10.7, 10.6.1, 10.6