Problem: Unable to display feature layers in a group layer in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS
When opening a web map in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, the feature layers in a group layer in the Layer List widget are not visible on the map.
The following image shows a group layer. Although the 'Sierra Nevada Snow and Ice Climbs - Routes' layer is listed in the Layer List widget, the layer is not displayed on the web map.
The following are the possible causes:
- The feature layers are not hosted in ArcGIS Online.
- The hosted feature layers are not shared with the required group.
Solution or Workaround
Depending on the cause, use one of the options below to resolve the issue.
The feature layers are not hosted in ArcGIS Online
- Manually save and publish each feature layer in ArcGIS Online as a hosted feature layer. Refer to ArcGIS Online: Publish hosted feature layers for more information.
- When configuring the Layer List widget in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, select the hosted feature layers to display. Refer to Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS: Layer List widget for more information.
Note: Alternatively, use the Bookmark widget to display the group of layers one at a time.
The hosted feature layers are not shared with the required group
For members of a group to access the hosted feature layers, share the layers with the group. Refer to ArcGIS Online: Share layers and views for more information.
The following image shows the 'Sierra Nevada Snow and Ice Climbs - Routes' layer in a group layer displayed in the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS map.
- ArcGIS Online: Hosted layers
- ArcGIS Online: Manage hosted feature layers
- Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS: Bookmark widget
Last Published: 6/25/2020
Article ID: 000021251
Software: ArcGIS Web AppBuilder Current