Error: User is not licensed to use Drone2Map. Please contact your Organization Administrator
Signing in to Drone2Map for ArcGIS returns the error message:
Error: Cannot Authenticate Application. User is not licensed to use Drone2Map. Please contact your Organization Administrator.
The error is returned despite the user having a valid Drone2Map for ArcGIS license assigned to them via ArcGIS Online.
ArcGIS Pro was installed silently on the machine via command prompt after Drone2Map for ArcGIS is installed. The silent installation changes certain values in Windows Registry, preventing Drone2Map for ArcGIS from operating properly.
Solution or Workaround
To rectify this issue, perform the steps listed below.
Warning: Backup the registry and/or machine prior to performing the steps listed below. Consult a qualified computer systems professional, if necessary.
- Revoke the license from the user in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS. Refer to Manage Drone2Map licenses for steps.
- Uninstall Drone2Map for ArcGIS.
- Navigate to File Explorer > Documents. Delete the Drone2Map for ArcGIS 1.3.x and Drone2Map Projects folders.
Note: Ensure existing projects are transferred from the Drone2Map Projects folder before the folder is deleted.
- Remove all Drone2Map folders in the following directories:
- Reinstall Drone2Map for ArcGIS. Refer to Install and authorize Drone2Map for ArcGIS for steps.
- Grant a Drone2Map for ArcGIS license to the user in ArcGIS Online.
Last Published: 4/30/2019
Article ID: 000020521