Problem: Unable to filter the target elements in Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS according to the map extent
The target elements in Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS are not filtered according to the map extent.
The image below is a dashboard showing crime occurrences in Redding, California, during the fourth quartile of 2017.
When zoomed in, the target elements are not filtered and updated according to the changes in the map extent.
The issue occurs because the setting for the map behaviour is not configured properly. Setting the Filter action in the 'When Map Extent Changes' section for the source element (the map), and specifying the desired target elements (Pie chart, Serial chart) filters the target elements automatically when the map extent changes.
Solution or Workaround
To filter the target elements in Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS according to the map extent, use the following workflow:
- In Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS, hover over the top-left corner of the map element. Click the Configure button to open the Map window.
- In the Map window, select the Map Actions tab. Click Add Action > Filter.
- Click Add Target and select the desired target elements from the drop-down list. More than one target element can be selected.
- Click Done. The target elements are filtered automatically when the map extent changes.
- Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS: Map element
- Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS: Filter data
- Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS: Actions
- Training Seminar: Real-Time Decision Making with Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS
- GeoNet: Limit Widget Results To Current Map Extent