Bug: Unable to add images to a survey in Survey123 for ArcGIS
Some defects with submitting forms in Survey123 for ArcGIS (BUG-000114216 and BUG-000108408) result in images failing to be added, particularly with forms set to Add-Only (which is common for crowdsourcing surveys).
These failures are tracked to a feature service setting. The default permission set for a feature service created by Survey123 for ArcGIS is:
- Editing: Enable editing.
- What kind of editing is allowed?: Add and update features
- What features can editors see?: Editors can only see their own features (requires tracking)
- What features can editors edit?: Editors can only edit their own features (requires tracking)
- What access do anonymous editors (not signed in) have?: Only add new features, if allowed above (requires tracking)
When 'Add and update features' is set to 'Add Features' and 'What features can editors see?' is set to 'Editors can't see any features, even those they add', without any other changes, the submission fails.
- Temporarily switch the 'What kind of editing is allowed?' setting to 'Add and update features'.
- Change the 'What features can editors edit' setting to 'Editors can edit all features'.
- Revert back to 'Add features' once 'What features can editors edit?' is set properly.
Last Published : 7/16/2018
Article ID: 000018694
Software: ArcGIS Survey123 3.3, 3.2, 3.1, 3.0, 2.9.Classic, 2.8