How To: Lock the vendor daemon to a specific port
The instructions provided describe how to lock the dynamic vendor daemon to a static TCP port.
The steps provided in this article require briefly stopping the License Manager. During this time, connections to the License Manager are lost, however any users that are connected at that time receive a warning to save their work in case the connection cannot be reestablished within the next 10 minutes.
Note: At the end of line one, note that 27000 has been assigned as the TCP port for the lmgrd daemon.
- Open Windows/File Explorer and navigate to the following path.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\License10.6\bin
- Open the service.txt file with a text editor (for example, Notepad). The file looks similar to the following, depending on the software version:
- On the VENDOR line, add PORT=####, where #### is a specific port number designated by the user, to lock the vendor daemon to that specific port:
- VENDOR ARCGIS port-27001
- Save the service.txt file.
Open the ArcGIS License Server Administrator at the License Manager server:
- Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > ArcGIS License Server Administrator
- Click the Start/Stop/Reread tab.
- Click Stop Server.
- Click Start Server.
- Click Reread License File.
The vendor daemon is now static - locked to the port specified.