Problem: Extension options are grayed out
When opening an extension toolbar such as Spatial Analyst or Publisher, everything is grayed out.
Note: At Version 10.0, the basic user interface elements of the Main menu and Standard toolbars for ArcMap and ArcCatalog were changed. For example, the Tools menu was changed to Customize. For more information, see: ArcGIS Desktop 9.3 Help: Basic user interface elements, and ArcGIS Desktop 10 Help: Basic user interface elements.
Note: This article pertains to ArcGIS versions 9.x and 10.0 only. Later versions of ArcGIS may contain different functionality, as well as different names and locations for menus, commands and geoprocessing tools.
The extension has not been activated.
Solution or Workaround
- Start ArcMap or ArcCatalog.
- Select Tools > Extensions.
- Check the box next to the desired extension.
- Click Close.
- License not available because of an incorrect version number or expired license
- The extension has not been activated
- The extension could not be activated. There is no license currently available
- The extension could not be activated. License request failed. All licenses are in use
- Tool Not Licensed. Unable to execute the selected tool. You do not have the necessary license to execute the selected tool
Last Published: 9/10/2020
Article ID: 000003226
Software: ArcMap 10.8.1, 10.8, 10.7.1, 10.7, 10.6.1, 10.6, 10.5.1, 10.5, 10.4.1, 10.4, 10.3.1, 10.3, 10.2.2, 10.2.1, 10.2, 10.1, 10