Problem: Extension options are grayed out
When opening an extension toolbar such as Spatial Analyst or Publisher, everything is grayed out.
The extension has not been activated.
Solution or Workaround
- Start ArcMap or ArcCatalog.
- Select Tools > Extensions.
- Check the box next to the desired extension.
- Click Close.
- License not available because of an incorrect version number or expired license
- The extension has not been activated
- The extension could not be activated. There is no license currently available
- The extension could not be activated. License request failed. All licenses are in use
- Tool Not Licensed. Unable to execute the selected tool. You do not have the necessary license to execute the selected tool